TV output help(simple perhaps)

warabit

Beta member
I have a Nvidia 7800 GT 256MB video card. I want to hook it up to my television. The television has a S-video input. I looked at my card and assumed It was as well. I went and purchased a 6' S-video cable at Best Buy, when I went to attach it I quickly realised it wouldnt fit into my GPU. Instead of having five holes on the female end(on the GPU) it has three rows of holes; bottom 3, middle 4, top 2. Now the top 2 is where the black plastic place holder should go . I was thinking maybe I should break off the black placeholder because it looks like it will fit perfectly into four of the 9 holes just right. The metal mold around the pins will fit as well.

I checked nvidia's site and it says it has a composite/s-video/component tv-out. And it deffenetly isnt composite or component. Please help me figure this out, thank you.

Its weird, because there seems to be two sets of video outs I've seen. Newer card seem to use the one with 2 pins either side, and 2 sets top and bottom to hold it in place, and those seem to be harder to get wires for.

Older cards though seem to use one that with a simple convertor, can get you straight to TV easily.

Didn't your card come with any adapters for TV out?

if its a retail card u should of had a cable with it, there r 2 types on tv out connectors, i saw that wen i got my 6600GT one end of the cable was normal and the other end was the "new" connector.

here some pics i did, (im gd at drawing lol) anyway the first one is "the normal 1/old" which cards like the GeForce FX 5200 or something like 5700 has, the second pic is "the new 1" which im guessing its the 6600 and up that has them.
old
normal1.jpg

new (that should be from your pc lol) :p
newish1.jpg

Weird, because my new 6800GS has the old connection, yet, my Radeon 9800PRO uses the new connection...

You need a cable breakout in order to use S-Video.

It's a little dangly thing that comes with your graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom