Basic Computer Tech

Sahed

Baseband Member
Well, I'm just getting into computers and I'm loving it. I'm starting to love computers so much I want to major in them, the only thing wrong is that I'm a noob to computers. Now if anyone can help me with websites or information I should know about computers please tell me. I'm not so new as to not even know what a Dell is, but not so good as to know what a liquid cooling system does. Please inform me of the wonderful world of technology. :D

www.wikiepedia.com
www.dailytech.com
www.google.com

You've been with us 6 to 8 weeks, your knowledge will be fairly limited. I suggest you slowly read up on it. I don't mean crushing yourself into books, and leters, and benchmarks today. Nor tomorrow, read a little bit here, a litte bit there. One day maybe in a year, maybe in two you could consider yourself really knowlegdeable. But there is a thoery that states it takes 10 years to truly master anything. Just go to those sites, and research here and there read up understand it! Just don't read a article and figure eh ok I guess thats cool. Me when I read a article and I don't understand it i'll talk to someone who does, or i'll google it. Just research and time is all it takes. TO build a PC is a different story, to understand how it works, and why it works, and how to get it work better is a different one.

I guess I'll just take it one step at a time

VERY good idea. You can't expect to jump into it al and expect to be a wiz. I mean when I go to some techy chatrooms OMG is this stuff WAY OVER MY HEAD. Everyone learns, you'll laernn too, I don't suggest pushing it.

Alright, I was just looking for some stuff thats good to start from. Such as you should learn about "blah blah" first. Or you should go "here" to learn about "this" first.

Yeah, I made a mistake once. I was 12, I thought I knew it all - so a friend brings a computer round which quite simply needs a reformat, but I messed it up, big time. Dont jump in, until you are 100% certain, you know what needs to be done.

Maybe go on a computer course, how old are you?

Yo. When my family got a computer, I was like...11 I think. I got internet when I was 13, from which point I went obsessive about computers. Dont rush it man, trust me, if you rush it you will lose interest, and you will screw up bad. (I pretty much destroyed the computer on the 3rd day)

I've always loved computers ever since I first got one, which was when I was around 5, but now I'm starting to get intrested about the inside of them and how they work.

Well...than just learn. But dont be like me and spend $500 on an upgrade that doesnt even go with ur current system.

Back
Top Bottom