wierd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
whenever i play a video a error pops up. its really a pain because after i hit ok, the taskbar and desktop reloads and my taskbar settings are reseted. anyone know why? here is a screnshot of it.

untitled7au.png

It looks like you're running a vista beta.... the reason: because it's a microsoft beta :) Or maybe you just have a really good skin and I'm an idiot.

yep i have a really good skin :p i got that message even in the original win xp skin

Repair Internet Explorer

Start --> Run --> rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g

or Reinstall IE

check here:
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q194/1/77.asp&NoWebContent=1
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_ie6.htm

for more info on repairing/reinstalling IE

If that doesn't help, try spyware removal

Microsoft has almost 100% confirmed this is a problem with Internet Explorer and needs the newest version installed if you have older than IE5 and to repair just in case... But generally, just keep up with the latest service packs and hotfixes.

Ok time to explain this. I will try my best.

Picture your computer memory (RAM) as a cup. A plastic cup to be exact. Now all of your apps represent a certain ammount of water. The more apps you have the more the cup fills. Now you are getting this error for one of two reasons. Either A)You are running too many apps and the cup is overflowing. Solution: Kill some apps before starting the game. Or B)You have a hole in your cup causing your water to leak out. So the app tries to access the memory but can't because the hole prevents it. Solution: Increase your page file so it has the extra memory to plug up the holes.

If that is a skin then it is probably taking up a lot of memory. If it is a Vista Beta then Vista might not be stable enough to handle memory in terms of games.

this is when im watching a video, not playing a game and this has nothing to do with internet explorer ,07mackenzie.

ericf1993 said:
whenever i play a video a error pops up. its really a pain because after i hit ok, the taskbar and desktop reloads and my taskbar settings are reseted. anyone know why? here is a screnshot of it.

untitled7au.png

Copy and paste the text in the error to the post, because I am not getting any Google results trying to get that error number from the image. No offense, but it's kinda small. From there, I can help to determine what the error message is. Thanks.

which windows media are u using? if ur using 11 then thats probably why since its been giving me problems also, but not that one. try reinstalling it and see what happens.

ericf1993 said:
this is when im watching a video, not playing a game and this has nothing to do with internet explorer ,07mackenzie.

IE is connected with a lot of apps such as outlook, folder viewing, and windows media player. Not sure, but just from what I saw on the MS site that seemed to be the most common issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom