Services and Startups! Oh joy!

G9

Daemon Poster
Well, I've been able to decrease my list of processes from a gargantuan 74 to 60... but that doesn't seem to be enough. 14 down, 30 more to go... I've been using processlibrary.com for my startups, but my services need a different search... anyway, should I get rid of these?

SEE BELOW FOR UPDATED LIST

Fire GL 3D Studio Max for ATI Technologies is what atiimxgl is. That can be disabled. Point32 just adds an easy to access icon in the tray bar. This is a non-essential process and can be removed. Type32 provides configuration access to Microsoft Office Keyboard. This is a non-essential process and can be removed. StatusClient is a process belonging to HP's range of multimedia devices and offers additional support and diagnostics. This program is non-essential process to the running of the computer, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems. hpbpsttp.exe is a process associated with the HP Toolbox Startup software. It is bundled together with the HP LaserJet printers. This isn't a critical component and can be removed. setpoint.exe is a process associated with the LogiTech SetPoint Event Manager. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling this is down to user preference. khalmnpr.exe is a process installed alongside Logitech mice which allows for advanced configuration and diagnostics of their range of multimedia products. This program is non-essential process to the running of the computer, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems. itouch.exe is a process by Logitech which allows the configuration of additional keys on their range of multimedia keyboards. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling this is down to user preference. VersionCueCS2Tray.exe is a file manager that's part of Adobe Creative Suite 2. This can be disabled.

I know this is lengthy, but it goes through everything you should and shouldn't disable.

Thanks for the guide man... but for the following, you've reitereated processlibrary's explanation, without explaining what they are:

statusclient, setpoint, khalmnpr, itouch... what exactly are these?

Still on the list of services...
Adobe LM Service
Adobe Version Cue CS2 (I know that this isn't necessary... but is it possible to manually update Adobe CS2?)
Ati HotKey Poller
InCD Helper
IPodService
Macromedia Licensing Service

If you want an even more detailed list of services and what they do :
check out this ---> click here

Edit: click on a letter for that service.. (also i will stick this for a little while)

That site was only for processe and didn't have the processes I listed nor the services I searched for... thanks for the temp sticky! :)

I still need help with the following:

STARTUPS
statusclient
setpoint
khalmnpr
itouch

SERVICES
Ati HotKey Poller
InCD Helper
IPodService

Here's an image...

multiple6vt.png

See how there are multiple instances of a process? Is that normal? It's not only for the ones shown... if I scrolled up, there are many places like that.

And look at svchost... so many instances! Hit the link for possibilities.

Yo dude, I have a question. How do you get into the System Configuration Utility? Sry for such a stupid question...

Back
Top Bottom