Overclocking my vaio

asoueidan

Solid State Member
do you guyd think it is a good idea to overclock my computer. keep in mind that i have never done anything like this before but i also realy dont care if i mess it up. here are the sepcs
Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 1615 Mhz
1 logical processor
1 physical processor
HyperThreading: Unsupported
RDTSC: Supported
CMOV: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE: Supported
SSE2: Supported
3DNOW: Unsupported
i realy dont know what much of that means but for me there is only 1 way to find out and thats by playing with it

oh and the mem is 512mb PC2100 DDR
FSB is 100.9 mhz

Just remember, if you still have a warranty, it will be no good anymore if you start overclocking, so if that matters to you, don't overclock. Anyways, I guess you can try overclocking in small steps and go slow until you find a spot that you feel comfortable at. Then download a program like Speedfan ( http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php ) to monitor your temps to make sure that you are not too high. If you are within normal temps, then you should be good to go. If you are running kinda hot, then it might be a good idea to back it down a little. Let me know what turns up.

You should be able to OC that safely at least by a little bit, but I don't think you'll notice any huge performance inhancements. Just watch out for temps, as jervin said, if you are already running hot, Overclocking may not be the best idea.

Well, with those specs that you have, I doubt you'll really see much performance gain with the overclocking because that hardware won't let you overclock much at all without being unstable. But if you aren't worried about it then go for it.

BTW, is that a desktop or a laptop?

i dont think u'll be able to overclock that computer because it most likely has the bios locked which is where all the overclocking is done

gaming_freak said:
i dont think u'll be able to overclock that computer because it most likely has the bios locked which is where all the overclocking is done

I think this may be true, because with some of the prebuilt computers, they lock the voltages and the speeds, so they are view only. But flashing the BIOS may help get these unlocked.....

All big companies lock their BIOS's so you cant overclock. The only way to make sure is check your BIOS to see if there are any overclocking options though.

Back
Top Bottom