Function Keys

hockeyrino

Baseband Member
Hi everyone, I'm new here to computerforums.org and I had a quick question that I hope someone can answer. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 series laptop and the blue function keys don't seem to work (Ex. Standby, Hibernate, Eject...) I used to use them to put it in Hibernate and for quick access to other things. However, in the past week or so they have stopped working and the special function keys don't work anymore. It's not a big deal, but I was wondering if there was a way that I had accidentally turned them off or something because they are useful to me. Thanks for any help to come.

Hockeyrino

Sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong section.

Welcome to Computer forums..;)

Edit: as for your question, have you tried un-installing your driver for the keyboard ?, then re-start your computer, and windows will re-install it for you.

Well...that got half of them working. Now my function volume and contrast work. but the special ones like hibernate still don't work. Any other suggestions?

check your settings for your hibernation by going to start -> control panel -> display icon -> then screen saver tab -> click the button at the bottom that say's power , then check the boxes for the settings you want.

Thanks man...that worked perfectly and solved the problem. This is a great website w/ quick responses. You'll see me around. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom