Computer for sharing

X1337

Fully Optimized
how do I setup my computer for sharing.. Like I got music files that I want to share but how do I setup it. My friend told, type your IP@Yourusername. I tyed it and it didnt work.. help me here. Im doing this becuase im going away for 6 days... ;)

If you have aim, you can just go to prefs. and share the desktop...Then just keep yourself signed on, and when people want files they just right click your screen name and hit "get file" and they see everything on ur desktop..And then they just click what they want and boom it will download...I use it all the time, the upload rates are preety good, with my dsl I get around 56kbs...So its not to bad.

Are you trying to share on the same LAN or through the Internet. If you are trying to share through LAN, use NetMeeting. That way you don't need any of those third-party messengers, you can just go from one computer to another and send the files through a conversation. Or the feature I use most on NetMeeting is Remote Desktop Sharing. It doesn't download files like AIM does, but you can control other computers that have NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing active. Hope this helps.

jervin32189 said:
Are you trying to share on the same LAN or through the Internet. If you are trying to share through LAN, use NetMeeting. That way you don't need any of those third-party messengers, you can just go from one computer to another and send the files through a conversation. Or the feature I use most on NetMeeting is Remote Desktop Sharing. It doesn't download files like AIM does, but you can control other computers that have NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing active. Hope this helps.
NO im going though Internet.. Duh. lol anyways.. I only have MSN 8.0, And Windows xp and 1GB of ram!

Back
Top Bottom