Will This CPU run wow smoothly

mammikoura said:
Never used that vid card before, but I'm guessing that it will run wow fine. Just use low/medium graphics and it should run smooth.
Ha!, Even though its a 9550 it still can be overclocked with ati tool. And the last I rember of the 9550, its just a down clock verion on 9600Pro or 9600. Same core and same specs but diffrent speeds... 9550 is clocked at 250, I think the 9600 is 320 or somthing.. I got my old 9550 to 400MHZ on Stock with a fan! ;)

MikeReiner said:
That computer would run WoW horribly, heres why:
It has one of those horrible 6100 somethin cards that use shared memory... 256 shared right off of your main.. and considering how the system it's self only has 512, you'd be cutting what little you have in half.

WoW is very demanding in terms of memory, having anything less than a gig can cause some performance problems.

So to sum it up: No, that computer will run WoW horribly, your current comptuer would run it better.

First, You can overclock the 6100. Just put a heatsink over it!. Those onboards can play FEAR on low settings..!

prosser13 said:
It may run it on low settings, but I thought you meant high sorry.

jervin - that would mean opening up the PC and installing a new card, and voiding the warranty in the process.

WoW, if I remember correctly, needs 1GB of RAM at least to run smoothly.

And jervin, memory on that card will not give much help as the core will lag way behind the memory, even if the memory is only DDR

Does the vendor allow customizing the order? I know I bought a Dell and I customized it to a gig of RAM and a P4 HT 3.0 GHz CPU (over a year ago). You might be able to get a pretty sweet video card and up the RAM. Look into that.

Ok heres why im upgrading. i had been playing wow fine for the past week or so on P4 1500mhz , ATI 9550 256mb , 756mb RAM. ok and all of a sudden i got a wow error and my computer went down hill from there. it runs way slower now and just turns off automatically. i dont know what wrong with it ive tried everything. i remformated twice and still acting weird. If i were to get that PC i would be upgrading to 1.5gigs of memory and NVIDIA 7600 once i got some more money.

nyko02 said:
Ok heres why im upgrading. i had been playing wow fine for the past week or so on P4 1500mhz , ATI 9550 256mb , 756mb RAM. ok and all of a sudden i got a wow error and my computer went down hill from there. it runs way slower now and just turns off automatically. i dont know what wrong with it ive tried everything. i remformated twice and still acting weird. If i were to get that PC i would be upgrading to 1.5gigs of memory and NVIDIA 7600 once i got some more money.

You know that voids the warranty, right? Just ask prosser13. If you upgrade to a new graphics card and more RAM, don't expect to get any help from HP or Best Buy if you need it. But if you feel secure voiding the warranty and going solo on this venture, it should work for you great once you upg the video card and RAM. Make sure that is the route you want to take.

I know that i will not get any further support once i upgrade i have a budget of about $500.00 so i am trying to find the best computer for World Of Warcraft and other games. if anyone recommends anything other then this computer or any different ideas im open for anything ?

You could buy a bundle deal (such as a motherboard, CPU and RAM preinstalled in a case) and then build the rest of the PC - that would give you much greater freedom.

prosser13 said:
You could buy a bundle deal (such as a motherboard, CPU and RAM preinstalled in a case) and then build the rest of the PC - that would give you much greater freedom.

That's true, but if you think you will feel overwhelmed putting together most of your computer, you can get a prebuilt. That way you don't have to worry about installing OS and drivers. Just do what you feel comfortable with. If you want to do a bundle deal like prosser13 said (also known as a barebone kit), then look at Newegg or TigerDirect for a kit that looks appealing to you. Then add drives, etc. to the build and you will have a computer without all the pre-loaded software junk.

Back
Top Bottom