Computer Speaker help........

asian al

Beta member
Hey

Earlier today my computer speakers were working fine. I go to shower and now for 4 hours they haven't been working. I already made sure that nothing was on mute, and all the volume controls were turned up. Also tried a system restore and going to my computer-manage and checking if their was any exclmation points or warning signs. They're were none.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could pppppplease help me out.

Thanks for your time

I have a Compaq presario 6000 and Platinum ubl series speakers

-Al

1. Make sure the chord is plugged into the computer. Sometimes it will get unplugged. Also, make sure it is plugged into the right slot.

2. Make sure your audio driver is installed. You can make sure it is installed by going through the adding new software wizard. If it somehow got uninstalled, it will install it back for you.

3. Make sure they are turned on.

Try different speakers if you have some to make sure the speakers just didn't die on you.

Was somebody playing with them while you were in the shower? Maybe they blew them out or something...lol Sounds funny, but it could happen.
Yeah, first thing I would do is try different speakers like Mr. K-Pow said to narrow it down to a soundcard problem or a speaker problem.

Tommy Boy said:
Was somebody playing with them while you were in the shower? Maybe they blew them out or something...lol Sounds funny, but it could happen.
Yeah, first thing I would do is try different speakers like Mr. K-Pow said to narrow it down to a soundcard problem or a speaker problem.

Yeah, that is the way to go. If it is indeed a soundcard issue, then try updating the drivers. I posted a link for your drivers in a previous post.

~K-Pow~ said:
Try different speakers if you have some to make sure the speakers just didn't die on you.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I just borrowed my friends speakers and they're working.

I guess my speakers died.

What kind of speakers would you reccomend???(low-medium price range)

...You didn't by any chance take them in the shower with you did you?... :p

Low/Medium price..hmm...

I personally (the cheapest, that have done me well) like the Creative Inspire set (I have the 2.1 set myself, that I picked up really cheap).

Theres Logitech also, which produce excellent speakers (ones to go for, for a very very decent set), but they tend to be a tad bit more expensive.

With the Creative Inspire range, you get 2 standard speakers, and a subwoofer capable of 45hz to 20,000hz (pretty good), which will power a good sound card fine.

I'd say go for them because they are very low priced, but offer great sound quality for the price.

(Got mine for £15)

Yep, you know what I'm going to say about the Logitech's......lol
I'd buy Logitech if I were you, spend a little more money and get a great speaker...for a 2.1 set get the Z-2300's.

Ah, but how much do those set you back?

Because of the low/medium price point, I didn't choose them, but if a higher price point was suggested, and you can go for them, those would be my choice too, definietly.

My next set will be them, or the 5.1 digital version.

Back
Top Bottom