XP Question???????????

kahmeelo

Beta member
I have this wired problem on my computer and i need some help.

My computer freezes almost 2-5 times or more times for a day and its really annoying. I have 256mb ram and its 80mb freed at the moment and a 40gig hd thats have a partition of 2.

Dont know what causes it to freeze so much.

Probably a virus. Have you run a virus scan? Could also be a bad hard drive, but most likely a virus.

@ linnerd40 there are no virus on my computer. I even format it and it still freezes.

kahmeelo said:
@ linnerd40 there are no virus on my computer. I even format it and it still freezes.
Wow, that is weird. Perhaps bad hardware, like bad RAM or so... have you gotten any blue-screen errors? So you say you have reformated it? Could still be a hard drive problem. When my hard drive was about to crash, I noticed extreme instability too, so if you can, run like a disk, I am not quite sure how you do that with Windows, its been a while since I have used windows.

If your RAM is mismatched thats alomost guarenteed to cause problems
open up your case, do you have 1 stick of RAM or 2 or even 4?
if you have more then 1 are they mismatched (some PC3200 others DDR or SDRAM, are they made by differnet manufacturers? If so consider buyign a new 256 (or upgrade for better preformance) stick of RAM checking carfully with your mobo to make sure they are 100% compatible
Try swapping your hard drive or buying a new one
40Gb drives are rather inexpensive now
also run drive defragmenter that can solve several problems too.

Back
Top Bottom