Need recommendations for first computer build

KR04

Beta member
Hello all. First post here. I need some recommendations on what to get for my first build. I am a noob at this and would like to have a list of ALL the parts I need so that I can order them all at once from Newegg. I will be using this computer for gaming and surfing the internet. My budget is $3500 not including the monitor. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. :)

Yea bro. You can get one of the best personal computers for $3500. Hell you can get a very nice one for like $800

KR04 said:
Hello all. First post here. I need some recommendations on what to get for my first build. I am a noob at this and would like to have a list of ALL the parts I need so that I can order them all at once from Newegg. I will be using this computer for gaming and surfing the internet. My budget is $3500 not including the monitor. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. :)

spending $3500 on a PC right NOW would be quite wasteful seeing as how, conroe comes out at the end of this month.

BUT
if you wait just till the end of this month you should be able to buy the top Intel Conroe Desktop CPU, along with the other goodies. The video card market is a dead one at the moment, seeing as how DirectX 10 is going to make everything out right now obsolete.

3,500 DUDE! Yes go with conro, don't cut corners at all. Buy a cheaper video card. For you i'm sure a 7600 would be nothing for you. Then you could upgrade to a DX10. Just don't build quite yet. And frankly you could lower your budget by a 1,000 and still have a wicked machine, better then most on this board.

As for right now, get an Am2 set. We an figure you one out, if you want. But, we all reccomend Conroe..

KR04 said:
Wait a month or two man.. just hang in there! if you spend all that money on a nice computer now.. it will become obsolete and depreciated VERY FAST... you'll kick yourself pretty hard.
Hang in there man!

Google computer building guides, research, and do some more research then what. July 24th is when you really wanna buy it not a day sooner. Price wars begin then and it'll make it well worth your wait. Anyways could I have your left over money? I'm sure your left over money could pay for my upgrade!

Thanks for all the replies. I really don't want to wait another month or two. The computer Iam using now is a 9 year old Dell that is slower than hell and I'm sick of using it. I was thinking of going with the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard and the Athlon AMD 64 FX60 Toledo processor. This is just a start. I don't have to have the latest and greatest. As for the video card, I was thinking of going with the ATI Radeon X1900 XTX. I just want something that will play about any computer game out there. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

Back
Top Bottom