More car audio..

MarxSoccer

BSOD
I've had a few questions lately. First of all, I always see these CD decks saying they support MP3 also, but I don't see how? Don't see where you could run a cord or USB or anything, or anywhere to put in a card to load anything?

Besides that.. Would anyone be able to help me pick out a cd deck? I'm 99% sure my car has 4 speakers.. I'm not worried about replacing those, but I'm thinking before I put a CD deck in I'd be replacing the speakers and adding a sub amp etc..

But yeah, two speakers on the dash behind the back seats, then two in the doors, that's all I can think of, I'll double check tomorrow. For those of you who are going to help and pick me something out.. Price, good bang for the buck. I want something that people can't possibly say is a POS, but I don't need them to be drooling. Like I said, the 4 speakers, then probably a sub or two in the trunk, and I'm assuming I need an amp? New to the car audio :(

Thanks in advance

When you burn a CD, it burns in CD audio format, thats why the cd only holds the normal 12 or more songs.

An mp3 cd is one where you use nero or something and just drag your mp3 files over to the cd and burn it, it will usually hold like around 150 songs. Most newer CD decks will play mp3 cd's, and some even have hookups where you can plug in your mp3 player.

Now....as for CD decks, it's really up to you as to what you want, the features you want...etc. But some good brands are Pioneer, Sony, JVC, they are decent, but not real expensive. You need to think ahead though as to what you are going to do with you stereo system so that you can buy the right head unit. If you want to add a cd changer later, you'll have to buy one that will support a cd changer.....stuff like that.
If you want to add an amp, make sure it has preamp outputs....(nearly all do)\

You need to make sure it will fit in your car and you'll need to get the appropriate installation kit with the appropriate wiring harness and antenna adapter.

an "MP3 CD" is where you put mp3s on the cd in any way in data format, and put it in the cd player

I don't know about the 150 songs.. I've always just dragged mp3's from a folder into my Nero compilation and I only get about 12 or however many songs.

But, holy sh!t, now that I think about it, the average mp3 is 6mb give or take, and a cd can hold 700, why was nero telling me it was to the max after just a few:confused:

Anyways, I understand the basics Tommy, know that Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood etc are good brands, just would like for someone to link me to a few to look at. The most I ever plan on having are the 4 speakers, and probably a sub? Then would I need an amp or no? Or does it just wire straight to everything..

Won't need an option for a CD changer I know that..

It's a 93 Lumina.

MarxSoccer said:
I don't know about the 150 songs.. I've always just dragged mp3's from a folder into my Nero compilation and I only get about 12 or however many songs.

But, holy sh!t, now that I think about it, the average mp3 is 6mb give or take, and a cd can hold 700, why was nero telling me it was to the max after just a few:confused:

Anyways, I understand the basics Tommy, know that Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood etc are good brands, just would like for someone to link me to a few to look at. The most I ever plan on having are the 4 speakers, and probably a sub? Then would I need an amp or no? Or does it just wire straight to everything..

Won't need an option for a CD changer I know that..

It's a 93 Lumina.

Dont go to burn a Audio CD, go to burn a Data Cd, and just put songs on, then its considered a mp3 cd..You can actually go by mb and not minutes...Lol dude this is like from 3 yrs ago, where have you been ahaha...

Back
Top Bottom