My Avatar

i have seen so many threads on this subject that if i had a quarter for every one of them i could pay off my vehicle...of course we all know that the Av rule will never change, but it's still brought up.

as far as the old Av's go, david will clear them out as he see's fit, and as far as the sigs go...they won't be brought into action because it makes the threads look to messy wich i have to agree.

King of Kings said:
this forum has done good enough withought avatars,and dosent need them. I dont think itd hurt people if we did have them,but ehh. I kinda like how this forum isnt all flashed up with avatars and sigs
80x80 pixel avatars is one thing, 200x200 imagines in a signature is another. I'd like to get custom avatars, but still have the tags be disabled in signatures.

mark thorpe said:
i think its fine as it is... if it aint broke dont fix it. i think its perfectly fine as it is.. personal avatars aint gonna happen, and IMO it shouldnt.. from what David has said before, it isnt gonna happen...

Why? It could be something where the admin or moderators give that privledge to those who have earned it. Avatars are supposed to be icons that describe you and your interests. It shouldn't be something that's suppressed upon and only given to those who have the "rank".

alvino said:
Why? It could be something where the admin or moderators give that privledge to those who have earned it. Avatars are supposed to be icons that describe you and your interests. It shouldn't be something that's suppressed upon and only given to those who have the "rank".
i agree, maby since the new rep system is up, if you have high enough rep you can use a custom avatar. <Cough>good idea </cough>

That's actually a good idea. But, this could cause the rise of Rep Point whores...so it does have a drawback. I still think my idea is good. If David or any of the moderators sense that some members are deserving of it (i.e. helpful, friendly, participating etc), then the right to custom avatars should be given.

Yeah this would be preety cool, if mods and admin would give it to people who deserve it...But then other members will cause a stir, saying "man Ive been here for blah blah why dont I get it" But I would love to see this happen...I really like the whole reputation thing..Maybe this will work out, who knows..

Back
Top Bottom