Getting cell phone upgraded...need opinion on what to get

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
The title says it all. I'm getting a free upgrade at Verizon Wireless beginning July 3rd, well $100 credit. I don't mind going over $100, but don't want to spend more than $200 out of my own pocket. I will finally be getting a new phone after like two long years!!!! The razrs are horrible on battery from what I heard. So I'm thinking the Slvers maybe the same thing. What do you guys think? Honestly, I'm not too familiar with cell phones all that much. I never pay attention to mine :p

To be honest, Verizon isnt really know for having good phones..But they are known for great service, I think the best in the nation, another reason why they're freakin plans are so high...Anyhow, I think this is the best phone they have, well under my zip code it is...and to be honest its really not that great..But if thats ur only choice get it, its still nice..
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=1880

Another reason why I HATE Verizon, is because they lock their bluetooth, so that means you can only send things via bluetooth to other Verizon members...So say u want to send a song to a friend who has cingular, NOPE...Or he wants to send you a pick via bluetoot NOPE...Preetyy gay of them to do that..

Sorry for the rant, dont want to sound to begative...

Haha, lol. My contract with Verizon Wireless expires this September too!!! I may try T-Mobile after that. Cingular/AT&T have EXPENSIVE plans. If you think Verizon is high, wait till you see Cingular. I mean, whew......forget that. I really want to try them out, but their rates are not worth it.

I haven't really heard anything bad yet in regards to T-Mobile, unless you have friends or family that have a plan through them. They do have a lot of minutes for their price, but some of their plans don't even have unlimited weekend and weeknight minutes!!!! If they're going to be like that, then I'll just stick with Verizon Wireless.

TRDCorolla said:
Haha, lol. My contract with Verizon Wireless expires this September too!!! I may try T-Mobile after that. Cingular/AT&T have EXPENSIVE plans. If you think Verizon is high, wait till you see Cingular. I mean, whew......forget that. I really want to try them out, but their rates are not worth it.

I haven't really heard anything bad yet in regards to T-Mobile, unless you have friends or family that have a plan through them. They do have a lot of minutes for their price, but some of their plans don't even have unlimited weekend and weeknight minutes!!!! If they're going to be like that, then I'll just stick with Verizon Wireless.

LOL I have cingular, the plans arent to expensive..I think 1400 minutes for 2 people cost us about 100 a month...But this is in Phillly, could be different down there...We had tmobile, right before we got cingular, and the only reason the plans are cheap, is because their service sucks..Well atleast over here it does :mad:

1.3 thats old, the phone I linked has a 2.0 that thing is sweet! But if I were u, I would just wait till Septemeber, and just get a new plan...

Haha, I got a new phone!!!!!!! It's the LG VX8300. That phone retails for almost $300, but I got it for cheap since I'm renewing for another two years. Verizon Wireless have a reliable network so their service was never a concern for me. Phones were limited though and I didn't like the Razrs. Too big, and battery sucks despite the phone being so thin. It's thin, but it's also fat and tall :p

This phone I got is awesome!!! It's VCast compatible and the speakers on this thing is crazy. Man, I need to buy a microSD card!!!!!! Can you believe that? What's with flash drives these days? Can't they make cell phones use a standard SD flash disk? SHeshhhh, now I have to spend more money because the phone memory is full already with the MP3s I copied over. This phone is a huge improvement over my previous one. The camera is higher quality and the overall resolution is better for video too.

Here's my baby:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1983733,00.asp

vx8300-1.jpg

Talk about a sleeky look!!!!!! Two thumbs up on styling. Plus the headphones it came with this Vcast phone is badass!!! Who needs iPod or Creative Zens when you have this phone!!!!! Man, great bass and treble control. The headphones sound tons better than the actual speaker on the phone, not that I'm saying the speakers suck (because they are pretty good for it's size).

Nice man, just dont drop it lol..I plan to get my new d807 VERY soon, even though I just got a new phone...

Back
Top Bottom