Instability, Crashing, and more Instability

just don't try to configure the services useing msconfig, it's really not safe that way. use services.msc

So type services.msc into run? I'm currently cleaning the startup section... if there are applications I'm not sure about, and have already googled, then I'll ask you guys.

Now there are two applications by Creative, the sound company.

CTHelper and CTDVDET

Also, from ATI: atiptaax and atiimxgl".

Since these have to do directly with the hardware, I'm asking before unchecking.

Though these aren't directly related to the computer hardware, they are related to the printer. Three from HP: hpbpsttp, HPWuSchd2, and StatusClient.

Those are not critical to using the hardware, it's just management software. You can start them manually if you need them. You can go ahead and disable all those, your printer and sound card should still work.

Alright... is point32 and type32 essential only if you have a Microsoft keyboard/mouse?

GASP! The invisible startup process...

startup0xg.png

I'm also assuming that unchecking the process is "deleting it"...

G9 said:
Alright... is point32 and type32 essential only if you have a Microsoft keyboard/mouse?

GASP! The invisible startup process...

startup0xg.png

I'm also assuming that unchecking the process is "deleting it"...

No, unchecking the process just disables it from starting up automatically upon boot. You can just as easily recheck it to reenable it to boot if it turns out to be something you need.

I guess that's how they are referring to it. Msconfig doesn't delete processes, it just disables them from starting up with the OS boot. We are just trying to reduce the number of processes you have going at once when your computer starts. I did the same thing, I had 63 processes, and I dropped that number in half after I went through msconfig and took out all the Dell support and Windows Messenger and junk of that sort. Hope this helps explain it.

Back
Top Bottom