How much have you travelled in your country?

hehe, sorry about that mate.. its a bit of a long drive for a pint ;) lol, but if im down that way ill give ya a call mate! ive still got a load left over from download (no i didnt drink everything, hehe)..

mark thorpe said:
hehe, sorry about that mate.. its a bit of a long drive for a pint ;) lol, but if im down that way ill give ya a call mate! ive still got a load left over from download (no i didnt drink everything, hehe)..

You didn't!? Shameful. *shakes head*

You should do mate, be cool to chill out with you for a few beers or something, catch up on things.

yeah, it would be cool, its not too far really, prolly about a 3 hour drive, about the same as download was..

yep, it would be cool to chill out for a while, im thinking of taking my gf on holiday, if i do ill try to make it bournemouth way so we can meet up while im down there.. but i have no idea if thats gonna happen yet... money...

mark thorpe said:
yeah, it would be cool, its not too far really, prolly about a 3 hour drive, about the same as download was..

yep, it would be cool to chill out for a while, im thinking of taking my gf on holiday, if i do ill try to make it bournemouth way so we can meet up while im down there.. but i have no idea if thats gonna happen yet... money...

If you do, try and make it down here on a nice sunny day; it's lovely here if it's like that. You can take her to the gardens and the beach ... and all that icky romanticy stuff. :p

Ah yes, money, the cause of all my problems. ¬_¬

Isn't Bournemouth crawling with old people? :D

So yeah, I can't really think of all the places in the UK I've been, but here's a shot:

Scottish Highlands - Dornoch, Brora, Golspie etc.
Orkney Islands (Day trip)
Fife
Perth
Inverness
Dundee
Kirkcaldy, Methil, Cardenden, Buckhaven etc.
Glasgow (nasty, nasty place - in some parts, you're safer in the West Bank and I'm not kidding)
Edinburgh - I live 'ere!
St Andrews - I study 'ere!
Cambridge
Liverpool (it's got a bad image, but it's a wonderful, vibrant city - highly recommended)
London (again, another overrated craphole)
Southampton (passed through on the way to the ferry terminal)
Stratford-Upon-Avon
Warwick
Buckinghamshire
Berkshire
The Lake District
Northumberland
York
Yorkshire (been on military camps there, beautiful countryside)
Leeds
Stoke-on-Trent
Alton, Staffs.
Cumbria

Passed through Newcastle, Birmingham, Hull (don't even start)

And there's probably more, but I can't remember. If I do remember, I'll put them in this thread again.

I'm planning to hit Lincolnshire at some point (heard it's a bit shit, any thoughts?) - I know somebody who went to the same school as Margaret Thatcher.

Isn't Bournemouth, crawling with old people?
OY!!UK etc, I'm old, & not so much of the crawling, lol. :D

Yes Lincolnshire could be described as you said, especially to the young, I was stationed there in the R.A.F., for about a year, when I was 19, it has it's downside, we were cut off by a blizzard with 8 foot snowdrifts, we couldn't get home for Xmas, & had to have food supplies parachuted to us, but the summer!, it was glorious, long baking days, spectacular countryside, we used to cycle beside golden cornfields, with what breeze there was, blowing past us, but I suspect that isn't your scene?

UK31337 said:
Isn't Bournemouth crawling with old people? :D
Yes, pretty much!!

Nah not really, Bournemouth is a uni town so there are tons of young people there,

I'd forgotten that I'd also ben to the lake district, staying in the Bakewell area

hehe, sorry about that mate.. its a bit of a long drive for a pint lol, but if im down that way ill give ya a call mate! ive still got a load left over from download (no i didnt drink everything, hehe)..

You don't drink everything. Thats a shocker, I'd figure every chance you'd get to get drunk you'd chug.

I have hardly travelled anywhere in my country. I've only left Nova Scotia once and that was to go to ontario on a grad trip about 10 years ago.

As for Nova Scotia i've been everywhere there is to be on this Province

Back
Top Bottom