My Avatar

Brookfield said:
Like my avatar, neat, huh?, I had it once before.
Yeah, its cool. :) Still doesn't beat the last one :D

Custom Avatars isnt going to happen to a guru only thing. Hell, it cant even be done.
Yes it can. vBulletin is a very powerful system. In that screenshot it can't be done because the usergroup Guru must not of been made yet... its a custom usergroup that doesn't 'come' with vBulletin... you have to make it in the Admin CP.

For the record [im doing all this from the vb demo too]
Step 1 :: Enter the admin cp
Step 2 :: click usergroups > add new usergroup
Step 3 :: Just type in guru for the name and add other info
Step 4 :: click avatar > avatar manager > permissions
Step 5 :: Guru is an option there

I will edit this with a screenshot in a min.
And edited:

What I would do if it would be too much for the server would be that you upload your own avatar to Imageshack and then link it to there. I am doing this at my forums, so I and they would be happy.

Tommy Boy said:
I know.....but they don't want that....they don't want the forum looking too messy or look unprofessional...lol

Avatars would not make a slice of difference, it would look the same as it does now..

lhuser said:
It's really tempting to use the AMD 64 you provided...so is Maurice's avatar.. but I went with one thing: NO AVATARS, period..

Mine is Better that having nothing, I have an Error Message as mine haha

but In Firefox I dont get the little X though :( sad, oh well lol

ArrizX said:
Well, goodluck too him, becaus eI didnt see a way, lol oh well.

Why do you say that? He probably limits some things on the moderator's version of the CP. You know how the moderators can ban? To unban, only David can do so.

lhuser said:
What I would do if it wouldn't be too much for the server would be that you upload your own avatar to Imageshack and then link it to there. I am doing this at my forums, so I and they would be happy.
I said that I can't get to grips with software of this particular kind, practically anything else & I'm fine, I have Picasa2 but that eludes me, please don't run through the procedure, it won't be any good, I assure you.

Thanks for trying.

i think its fine as it is... if it aint broke dont fix it. i think its perfectly fine as it is.. personal avatars aint gonna happen, and IMO it shouldnt.. from what David has said before, it isnt gonna happen...

Jordan Pardy said:
Yeah, its cool. :) Still doesn't beat the last one :D

Yes it can. vBulletin is a very powerful system. In that screenshot it can't be done because the usergroup Guru must not of been made yet... its a custom usergroup that doesn't 'come' with vBulletin... you have to make it in the Admin CP.

For the record [im doing all this from the vb demo too]
Step 1 :: Enter the admin cp
Step 2 :: click usergroups > add new usergroup
Step 3 :: Just type in guru for the name and add other info
Step 4 :: click avatar > avatar manager > permissions
Step 5 :: Guru is an option there

I will edit this with a screenshot in a min.
And edited:

Ahh, so its all about the usergroups. I see...

Thats awesome.

Ill speak to Dave. Although, I gotta ask, please no one else do it. I know for a fact he doesnt like the members asking about getting avatars. I dont know why, best I can figure is it sounds greedy.

Im already working on some other suggestions, and ill add this one. Just give it time, ill tell you all what happens..

Back
Top Bottom