pc controller

I may have to buy an Xbox 360 controller in that case. I want to get one that'll work for emulators and that.

I have a free joypad I got with Rayman 3...and its poor at best of course.

I use My 360 Controller to play all sorts of games on the PC, even if its "not supported" by the game.

All you do, Is plug the wired controller into an available usb port.

When it prompts you to search for sotware for it, allow it to search microsoft update, wait for it to finish.

When its finished, download JoytoKey.exe at

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version_files/jtk374en.zip

When you run this program, Go to the Others Tab, It's going to say 1 Joystick detected (unless you have others installed)
Change number of joysticks to configure to 1.

Check the "Use Axes other than X and Y" & "Use POV Switches" boxes.

Go Back TO the Joysticks page, and set it up how you want your controller to work for your game. (It may take some experimentation because games use different key controls to do different things.)

Anyways, I would like to add that this software works for all gamepad controllers even on games that do not support gamepads.

Also, The reason things are so sensitive when moving the analog stick: The movement is determined in if statements "greater than 0 one way, do this. less than 0 the other way, do this. To make it not respond so easily simply set it to have greater than # do this, less than -# do this, etc. then everything between # and -# do nothing.

Great aint it?

ok I got it right here and all plugged in it works ok but its going to take some getting used to. and I have to figure out what buttons do what lol

Paradox said:
I use My 360 Controller to play all sorts of games on the PC, even if its "not supported" by the game.

All you do, Is plug the wired controller into an available usb port.

When it prompts you to search for sotware for it, allow it to search microsoft update, wait for it to finish.

When its finished, download JoytoKey.exe at

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version_files/jtk374en.zip

When you run this program, Go to the Others Tab, It's going to say 1 Joystick detected (unless you have others installed)
Change number of joysticks to configure to 1.

Check the "Use Axes other than X and Y" & "Use POV Switches" boxes.

Go Back TO the Joysticks page, and set it up how you want your controller to work for your game. (It may take some experimentation because games use different key controls to do different things.)

Anyways, I would like to add that this software works for all gamepad controllers even on games that do not support gamepads.

Also, The reason things are so sensitive when moving the analog stick: The movement is determined in if statements "greater than 0 one way, do this. less than 0 the other way, do this. To make it not respond so easily simply set it to have greater than # do this, less than -# do this, etc. then everything between # and -# do nothing.

Great aint it?

dude Can you provive a screen shot of what you made your controls to be? please lol ty and sorry

What you will need:
Xbox controller, preferably the S type, although either will work.
USB cable with at least 6 inches of actual cable on it.
Scissors
electrical tape, although duct tape will probably work.
soldering iron and electronics grade solder(OPTIONAL)

WHAT THIS WILL DO:
Threw the use of 3rd party drivers( which you will need to download HERE after you are done ) you can use your Xbox controller as a joystick/gamepad for your computer as well as have access to the MEMORY CARD for storage/soft modding. Works great as a gamepad for emulators/roms.

DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED. THIS IS VERY SIMPLE.

Inside your Xbox controller cable, there are five wires; Black, Red, Yellow, Green, and White. Inside a USB cable, there are four wires; Black, Red, Green, Yellow. The black and red wires for both cables supply 5 volts. The green and white wires are used for data transfer, also supplying .3 volts. The Yellow wire in the xbox controller is used for the Light Gun controller, and isn't going to be important.

If you have the S controller, detach the break away cable that attaches to the xbox.

1. If you have the S controller detachable cable, take the small detachable cable and cut it in half.

If you have the old controller, cut it off about 6 inches away from the end of the cable.

2. Cut away the plastic on both sides of the cable you just cut about an inch and a half so that there is an inch and a half of exposed insides of the cable. If there is a foil sheilding around the wires, cut it off at the inch and a half mark, and if there is a un-covered set of silver wires you can cut those out to.

3. Strip off a half inch of plastic coating on each wire on all sides.

4. Get your usb cable, cut off atleast 6 inches of the cable( make sure you have the male connector on the end ) and repeat step 2 and step 3 for the other side of your usb cable.

5. You should now have stripped 14 colored wires in all. Now all you need to do is match them up and wrap them in tape, or solder them and wrap them in tape if you desire.

6. When you hook it to your computer, make sure you have your drivers installed and there should be a XBCD setup program installed on your computer that will let you test to make sure it worked.

I have done this to three xbox controllers and never had a problem with any of them. Great fun playing roms with a bunch of mates on your comp with xbox controllers.

natej315 said:
How do I get my controller to work with Doom 3?

If the game doesn't support gamepads, then I don't think it'll work. There may be hacks to enable it, but I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom