How much have you travelled in your country?

As far as I am concerned I don't see what alvino did wrong he called the Blitz a brillant tactic as in that it was extermely succesful, HIlter take most countires within a week. He took one in 36 hours!

In a completely military mind prespective if any man can take country over with in 36 hours, his tactic is very good. Even today the American military uses the tactic similiar to that of hitler. They took Iraq in 19 days, they'd of done it sooner if it wasn't for the sandstorm.

Brook Alivno wasn't trying to make you upset or he wasn't siding with the nazis or hilter. He was merely stating that the nazis tactic was effective. Being effective doesn't mean just, morally correct, or right it means that it worked.

Alvino talking about this is very important to keep this from happening again. If you study history close enough you can see events literrally repeating themselves because people do not know that what they are about to do has already been attempted and failed before them. If you know your past, you can see signs of repeating itself and speak out againist it early enough when it is weak and stop it.

Anyways as you said it was in the heat of the moment so we can all let it drop.

/me drops it

Completly off subject. (or on subject whichever way you look at it).

when I stayed on the Isle of Wight I stayed at a hotel in sandown it was when I was quite young and a part of a school residential trip.

Haha, I'm from the UK, there isn't much really to explore, if you look at a map.

Though, i've probably seen less than I'd think. I've been South, North, West, and East (at least once), so there can't be much more.

I'm not much of a traveller though. I tend to like to settle, though if I see mates or something, I travel, or if I'm going on holiday (dont really like planes, so I settle for somewhere peaceful here away from the city)

root said:
When I stayed on the Isle of Wight I stayed at a hotel in sandown it was when I was quite young and a part of a school residential trip.
My late wife & I stayed a week at the Philomel Hotel in Carter St Sandown, in around 1966, probably before a "middle aged mod" was at school, but does the name ring any bells?

I havent really traveled many places. I go to Ohio and Indiana a lot because of family. Then usually once or twice a year I fly to Arizona to visit my dad, who lives out there.

sorry maurice, not many places ring any bells I was wracking my brains for hours to try to remember the hotel name, even tried to google hotels to see if I could find a pcture of it, but no such luck!

No places to go in England? well that really depends on what you are after, I think that there are plenty of places that people just don't know about, or don't want to know about because it's england...!

Brookfield said:
Take it or leave it?, I'll leave it then, I can't & won't forget your remarks, they hurt me too deeply on a personal level, let's just leave it, I won't be targetting you because of this whole sorry matter, I'm very straightforward & wouldn't dream of doing that, disclipline during my involvement in the armed forces taught me that.

That's fine. Let's just forget what happened and go on with our lives. No need to drag everyone along.

Nik00117 said:
As far as I am concerned I don't see what alvino did wrong he called the Blitz a brillant tactic as in that it was extermely succesful, HIlter take most countires within a week. He took one in 36 hours!

In a completely military mind prespective if any man can take country over with in 36 hours, his tactic is very good. Even today the American military uses the tactic similiar to that of hitler. They took Iraq in 19 days, they'd of done it sooner if it wasn't for the sandstorm.

Brook Alivno wasn't trying to make you upset or he wasn't siding with the nazis or hilter. He was merely stating that the nazis tactic was effective. Being effective doesn't mean just, morally correct, or right it means that it worked.

Alvino talking about this is very important to keep this from happening again. If you study history close enough you can see events literrally repeating themselves because people do not know that what they are about to do has already been attempted and failed before them. If you know your past, you can see signs of repeating itself and speak out againist it early enough when it is weak and stop it.

Anyways as you said it was in the heat of the moment so we can all let it drop.

/me drops it

Thank you! At least someone knows what I was trying to say...:rolleyes: Whatever, let's drop this subject, as we can tell, it's very touchy. I don't want anyone to be hurt anymore.

here goes

old harlow
harlow
thaxted
bishops stortford
margret roding
sheering
lake district (windemere)
cornwall
bournmouth
scotland (quite a few places, cant rember all of them..)
wales (alot of places in wales.. beautiful country, great fishing..... and alot of sheep)
walton on the naze

and ALOT more places im too tired to rember

mark thorpe said:
here goes
bournmouth

You could atleast give me some respect and actually spell it right: BournEmouth. ;)

To make up for your crimes, you should come down here so we can go to the pub and you can buy me a pint. :)

As for the question ... hell knows how many places really, so many places in the UK I've forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom