free operating systems

X800, he is not asking for a distro... just a general question. Wine & Cedega can run on any distro.

Ive tryed to get wine going on SUSE 10 but it just wont work!
it always needs some DLL files only windows has!

jonny912 said:
Ive tryed to get wine going on SUSE 10 but it just wont work!
it always needs some DLL files only windows has!

U just don't know how to do it then. :p Suse has full support for WINE, and I even think that they include WINE in the installation packages.

Some games have patches that you can download to make them run on Linux. Or, you can use WINE, which may get difficult if you are a noob (no offense). Just look on some Linux forum for a guide to setting up WINE or the program you want to run on your distro. Gaming IS possible on Linux! Don't give up!

Ok, let's say that i wanted to get a copt of suse 10...i make an ISO ..load it on my comp., then how do you get windows on there ? load windows onto the already loaded suse operating system ?

Ok, let's say that i wanted to get a copt of suse 10...i make an ISO ..load it on my comp., then how do you get windows on there ? load windows onto the already loaded suse operating system ?

Nope, you have to install Windows first, because when windows is installed, the MBR is over written. Then, you Install your Linux distro. Usually, with a good distro/ installer it will automatically resize the Windows partition or place Linux on another hard drive. GRUB will be installed (GRand Unified Bootloader) and then, at boot time, you can select from it which OS you want to boot into, Linux or Windows. :D

If you are talking about WINE, you don't install Windows with WINE. WINE is used to run Windows executables on a Linux operating system. this can be done by running

$ wine name_of_program.exe

(at the command line).

cool..thnx for clearing that up for mu-wa, i want to get the live DVD...but it will be some time before i can get it.

~mr mixx~ said:
cool..thnx for clearing that up for mu-wa, i want to get the live DVD...but it will be some time before i can get it.

No problem... you'll love SuSE Linux!

lol
I now how to do it but every game I try gives me errors
need for speed hot pursuite II ---"degbugger enabled" error
flanker 2.5 --cannot find some file in C drive!
midtown madness 2 --dosnt even start (not that I expected it 2 cas its made by microsoft)

Back
Top Bottom