wierd sound

so is it just a failing power supply. how can i prevent this from happening in the future

Well, if this sound is coming from a power supply that is too weak, invest in a power supply with higher wattages. Or this sound may just be from a power supply that is just on the fritz.

You can't really help it from happening in the future, but what you can do, is buy a good make, which will obviously last you much longer, and be more stable than a really cheap one.

Look for one that has a good 12v supply to the rails, and is as stable as possible, and one that has at least 450-500watts I'd think.

yea i don't think any less is acceptable anymore really :p all the new technology is bumpin ^ the eletric bill :p i asked my dad "what would u think if i got the 1kilowatt power supply?" and he said "no" lol

Haha, but remember, if your PC never used that much, it wouldn't run that high :p

yea true, i did notice that my 6800 GS pulls alot of power because my psu has fans that only activate when a good bit of power is being pulled meaning more heat is being produced and the fans are activating alot eairlier than they used 2 :p lol. maybe if i turn down the fan!... lol not really

A 1 kilowatt supply wouldn't draw that at all times. It would draw the minimum needed to power your PC :p

What kind of screeching is it? Is it like a siren?

What siren have you heard screech?... You must have some weird alarms where you are :p Haha.

prosser13 said:
A 1 kilowatt supply wouldn't draw that at all times. It would draw the minimum needed to power your PC :p

What kind of screeching is it? Is it like a siren?
im sure its from the psu....

Back
Top Bottom