MP3 players, what's the difference?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Ok, the MP3 player hype has got me more curious. There are only two manufacturers that are even considered:

Apple iPod vs Creative Zen

What is the primary difference between the two? Mainly the iTunes service with the iPod? I know Creative don't have a service like iTunes, or do they? Does the iPods really play movies? If so, how about the Creative Zens?

Any key difference would be great if you could list them here. Otherwise to me, they're all basically the same with the iPod being way more expensive.

Lol, there's like another thread here that is similar to mine here, hehe. Oh well, give us more insight..

Different look, etc. I think Creative Zen has something like iTunes, but it doesnt require you to use it. I think iTunes is a pain in the ass, but I still like iPods over Creative Zens. Ofcourse people have different opinions.

no, you can play the mp3s with any media player on a pc, but you have to use itunes to import music to the ipod

Well with an iPod, you are forced to use its software to put on music.

Although, with my dads Zen, its the same way, you need to use creatives software.

But playing is different, I think.

You have to have iTunes to play the aac files off the iPods, but if you have any .mp3's you can play those though wmp. And as with the Zen, I think you can find it in mycomputer, and search through files etc and play them. Or just sync it with wmp.

Oh, ok. Creative can use any software to transfer MP3's across right? It's weird because I'm thinking when you plug your iPod or Creative Zen to your PC via USB, it would show up in My Computer as another storage volume (like our thumb drives or SD drives we use). Then you can just move MP3s across back and forth.

Im not for sure exactly. But, however, I know that the Zen's are much more flexable. The iPods are just utter shit because they are damn near resonsless with out their software. Trust me, I used my iPod (shuffle) on my school computer. Took me forever to figure it out. And when I did it worked when it wanted too.

i think you actually can see the ipod in my computer if you set your computer to display hidden files and folders, maybe. my friend and i did it with his ipod, and i think thats how we got it to work.

Oh, hehe, that would be much easier. It's just so wierd to see all the peope getting an iPod just for the sakes of the iTunes.

Back
Top Bottom