New Antivirus?

TRDCorolla said:
I think there should be a sticky on this subject about free antivirus, firewall, etc. I'm sure there will be a lot of hits on that subject, especially for newer members.

maybe you havent seen the stickies :

1) anti-virus info <<<--------- here

2) internet security <<<------- here (just scroll down the thread to internet security.

Well, let's see... I've already had problems with Avira interfering... while other scans don't interfere with it, it somehow detected a virus without me detecting a scan and froze another AV application that was in the middle of the scan of the same file.

And mixx, thanks for the list... but I'm looking for which is best. Not sure if that directly corresponds, but whatever. Thanks anyway.

Alright... it seems as if having too many antivirus programs is detrimental... so I'm lowering it to Avira, BitDefender, and nod32.

Also, have a look at this.

~mr mixx~ said:
maybe you havent seen the stickies :

1) anti-virus info <<<--------- here

2) internet security <<<------- here (just scroll down the thread to internet security.

Oh, hehe, lol. It's all the way down there. I rarely go down that way. Maybe it would be better just to movie this thread down in the security area. That's where this forum can get a nice boost from being organized. For example, have a separate Computer Software forum and subforum right under there with a Security section.

Actually, I'm really not sure about Avira. All the reviewers point to it as second-hand, good, but not excellent. Views are different about nod32 and BitDefender, both of which get excellent reviews.

Im making a thread on Avira. Just it wont post, give me a few min...

Maybe I can post it in a thread, instead of making a thread... Here it goes..

Nope, so im going to have to post a short thread, and then expand on it with copy and paste. GIve me a few min.

Back
Top Bottom