Car Thread!

Re: Gallery: Your Car

Dev0115 said:
going 50 over the speed limit would give you a bigger ticket..

and your licence will likely be suspended as well as your car be impounded.

cileskot said:
i have a sort of off topic question: in the u.s., say the speed limit is 60 mph. would you get a worse ticket by going 50 mph over the speed limit than going 10mph over?

Actually, on the 250, and the I90 highways, its almost 70 straight through. Say you do 20 up there, and get a ticket for 90mph. Thats only a ticket. Say you do 20 up in a town, (25 zone) your probably going to get your license suspeneded.

Also to anwwer your question, yes it would be a much worse ticket.

If you ever get caught going 50 over the limit, your just stupid..or blind....If were going 50 over, we just slam the breaks once we see the cops, another reason its good to have a radar, when u hear the noise, you know to slow down.

Yeah, but the shit that hits the fan with that is with out one your taking your chances, and you might not get a ticket. If you are pulled over and have one of those, you are guarenteed a ticket.

cileskot said:
i have a sort of off topic question: in the u.s., say the speed limit is 60 mph. would you get a worse ticket by going 50 mph over the speed limit than going 10mph over?

Haha, I can help you with this question. You know why? I just got a speeding ticket, hehe. Already paid for it and went to traffic school. Boring. Anyways, California freeway speed limit is 65mph. If you are going 50mph over the speed limit, you will be in pretty big trouble. You will be cited for reckless driving (I believe it if is 20mph and over), endagering the public, and midemeanor (using the vehicle as a deadly weapon). I know the latter part because we talked about it in traffic school and it stuck in my head.

Unless you have a good reason like your wife was pregnant or someone in your car need to go to the hospital, then you will not be excused for it.

How old are you, TRD. Like 19?

Well, your under the age of 25, so really, the insurance companies still hate you. Im sure your insurance had to sky-rocket! with that ticket. :|

TRD what do you have under the engine, any mods...Cold air intake, turbo anything?

Well the ticket is from last December. I was going 53mph in a 40mph zone. It wasn't considered reckless driving yet because it was under 20mph. I was charged for speeding, that's it. Minor infraction. I have a feeling I will get an insurance update because that was my second ticket within the last 18 months!!!!! Bad news.....

I've listed my mods on some other threads but forgot where they are now, lol. Oh, here they are:

" had some picts on here before in some of the older threads. I don't think I have them on my computer anymore because it's been so long. It's a 2003 model super white Corolla S. I have TRD lowering springs (which I think are actually manufacturerd by Eibach springs) that gave it a 1-1.5" drop all around. TRD exhaust (piece of crack axle-back system), TRD strut bar, TRD supercharger with the TRD piggyback ECU. Now I have two ECU's in my car, lol. The TRD version compensates for the increased air fuel mix. I have a modified front racing grill and changed out the taillights. I hate the stock red. The TRD supercharger comes with an aftermarket modified intake pipe which replaces the rubber factory one so that's good. I can't run CAI on my car because my catalytic convertor will burn out from running too lean. I had the TRD CAI before with the supercharger and it sputters. No good. Too much. I need aquamist injection and new O2 wideband sensor on there if I want to run TRD CAI. SO in the meantime, I'm using a K&N filter. Pretty good. You can hear the shhhh of the air going into it slightly."

Ok, wow, your in some seirous shit. Hahahaha, man, two in the last 18 months? Your going to get a nice big spike in insurance. Hope you can afford it :(

my older brother got 5 tickets within the first year he had his license, lol. he was a pretty big dumbass. he would go 50 mph over these speed bumps in my nieghborhood, when the speed limit was 20.

Back
Top Bottom