How much have you travelled in your country?

yeah thats like saying that 9/11 was a brillant tactic to the victims familes. next time think before you type.

With All Due Respect, He was talking of the brilliance of the tactic, not praising them for using it.

It was a terrible thing indeed, but brilliant things are sometimes terrible i'm afraid.

I'm sorry Maurice for what you went through but if we could have utilized such a tactic against them, you too would agree with the military brilliance of that time.

On topic of the thread, I have lived in florida my entire life, traveled to washington DC, New York, and pennsylvania for one vacation. and many years before to california to visit my grandmother when i was a child. So everywhere in between those places and florida i have been

Brookfield said:
:mad:

YOU INSENSITIVE IDIOT!! I suffered mentally as a kid, hearing what they were doing in Europe, my mother lost her younger brother in France, due to their "brilliant tactics", & as a 12 year old boy, I stood & watched in our back garden, as the glorious Stuka dive bombers screamed down, releasing their bombs on Portsmouth Dockyard, killing the workers, Iwish you had experienced it, perhaps you wouldn't be such a Nazi lover, I've sent you a negative "rep" point.
Wow thats heavy crap good thing you survived i guess it wasent your day :D

Brookfield said:
Thank you, Alvino thinks it a big joke, I'm afraid I blew my top.

Living many years in constant attack, worrying if that next plane is going to drop the bomb that kills you or someone close to you. It's scary and I couldn't go through that.

We can all blow up a little on things that so highly affect / affected our lives. It's only natural.

Paradox said:
With All Due Respect, He was talking of the brilliance of the tactic, not praising them for using it.

It was a terrible thing indeed, but brilliant things are sometimes terrible i'm afraid.

I'm sorry Maurice for what you went through but if we could have utilized such a tactic against them, you too would agree with the military brilliance of that time.

thats what i was trying to say

Paradox said:

I'm sorry Maurice for what you went through but if we could have utilized such a tactic against them, you too would agree with the military brilliance of that time
Thanks, but the point is, we wouldn't have invaded countries, killing thousands, tactics are tactics, the orders the men are given differ, according to the motives of that countries' motives.

Erm i've traveld thoughout Germany a LOT however not too many places stand out to me. I've travled to Japan some, and Guam, and i've been all over the states,

The following states i'm sure I haven't visited.

Anything above New York (been to NY a few times not the city though)Oregan, and Washington, minseto, and thats relaly all the places I believe I have not been in.

As in visting i've visited
Hawaii (it really sucked)
Little Rock (ok)
Tennesse
Georgia
Neb
Illionis
Texas
Colordao
Florida (a bunch)
SC

Prob a few more that slip my mind.

I've travled thoughout germany quite a bti as well.

it has to be said, as a tactic bombing civillians to break moral was a tactic that worked.
It's also a tactic that the british used in germany.
Bouncing bonbs were a great tactic (even though they killed many people).
the use of RADAR was a great tactic...
today the US is still carpet bombing countries as a way to win wars!
the unfortunate fact of the matter is that something exploding next to you will really mess you up. -that pretty much is the tactic.
when I say that I say it with the greatest respect to those that have lived through such 'tactics' as well as those that sadly died.

back on topic,
Places I've stayed in england include

Oxfordshire
northamptonshire
Buckinghamshire
Staffordshire
Manchester
Liverpool.
London.
Bristol.
Isle of Wight
Hampshire
Devon
Cornwall
Norfolk

and that's about it, alo most of the time when a county is listed I've only been to one or two towns in that county!
I have been to a few other places, but only really for a couple of days.

root said:
it has to be said, as a tactic bombing civillians to break moral was a tactic that worked.
It's also a tactic that the british used in germany.
Bouncing bonbs were a great tactic (even though they killed many people).
the use of RADAR was a great tactic...
today the US is still carpet bombing countries as a way to win wars!
the unfortunate fact of the matter is that something exploding next to you will really mess you up. -that pretty much is the tactic.
when I say that I say it with the greatest respect to those that have lived through such 'tactics' as well as those that sadly died.

back on topic,
Places I've stayed in england include

Oxfordshire
northamptonshire
Buckinghamshire
Staffordshire
Manchester
Liverpool.
London.
Bristol.
Isle of Wight
Hampshire
Devon
Cornwall
Norfolk

and that's about it, alo most of the time when a county is listed I've only been to one or two towns in that county!
I have been to a few other places, but only really for a couple of days.
Where on the Isle of Wight did you stay?, I moved here in 1969 & live in Rookley, half-way betwen Godshill.

Back
Top Bottom