video card/ monitor out of frequency

qazxswed345

Baseband Member
ok so im trying to intsall an nvidia gforce 4 mx 64MB card in my gf's computer so she can play guild wars... but when i do it it does one of two things
its starts up fine recognizes the card and the video card screen... and then brings up the black windows loading screen with the loading bar then just locks up...
or

the monitor just says out of frequency
first off what does this mean and second off what can i do about it...
any ressponse appriciated...
Ricky

The out of frequency means that the monitor has a too high refresh rate. U have another vid card/integrated vid card so u can get to windows right?
If so then go to windows, then put the resolution like to 800x600 and change the refresh rate to 60hz, then uninstall the current vid card drivers. Then put the GeForce MX4 in and if u are running a integrated vid card go and disable it from the bios.
Then try to boot it, if u can get to windows then just install the latest drivers for the new vid card and then u are good to go. (better install the new drivers, and then turn the resolution & refresh rate up because cards without drivers can't support high resolutions/refresh rates.

Yeah, the resolution or refresh rate might just be turned up too high. Try to get a display with another video card, and turn down the resolution to 800X600. I know this is low, but I personally experienced a monitor that wouldn't take 1024X768.

only thing about all this is that ive seen the monitor run on high res very well i might add when her bro hooked up his computer to it...
thanks for quick response

qazxswed345 said:
only thing about all this is that ive seen the monitor run on high res very well i might add when her bro hooked up his computer to it...
thanks for quick response

yes the monitor is capable of high resolutions and refresh rates, but since the GeForce 4 MX doesn't have drivers installed it can't handle high resolutions and refresh rates. Then when u get the drivers installed it should work fine with higher resolutions.

Get newer drivers, and fix the resolution of the screen. Ex: 1024 x 768. The greater the resolution the clearer picture you get. A higher resolution on a monitor gives you smaller icons, and a lower resolution gives you big icons, as seen when you enter safe mode.

Back
Top Bottom