onboard video

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
alright i have my pci video card (see sig) and my motherboard has integrated video. but, the integrated video is not installed. when i go into control panel> add/remove hardware, i see this:
untitled1zn.jpg

now, how would i find out the model or whatever so i would know what driver to get? the reason for this is so i can have dual monitors, btw.

Just try using cpu-z to find what kind of mobo you got. Then search the mobo on google, and you should be able to find out what kind of intergrated video it has.

wait, im a little confused. when i open up cpu-z, and click on the "mainboard tab," this is what i see:
untitled3ag.jpg

now, is the model of the motherboard "NBGV - Northwood/Brookdale-G Va?"

isn't the chipset the onboard video card? because on mu old eMachines i remeber seeing the Intel i845Gl or something of the same sort.

but to answer your question, yeah thats the name of the mobo.

Yeah, that would be it. It shows your chipset in there, and at the top it says for graphics cards, so that's it.

If you don't want the onboard video to show up, you should be able to turn it off in the BIOS so it won't try to hunt for it.

Press Del at bootup (it'll say so otherwise), and somewhere in one of the menus will be an option to disable onboard video.

Save and Exit, and that should go!

Back
Top Bottom