How much have you travelled in your country?

Oh, sorry. Well that was the full name, really...but I understand. I never went through that, so I'll never really know how that felt. Yes, it did mean "Lightining War".

Don't mean to be morbid, but it was a pretty brilliant tactic. Use bombers and dive bombers to soften up targets, send tanks steamrolling in, followed by troop transports. They took Poland and several other countries with that tactic in just weeks.

Hehe, will my state alone is bigger than the whole of the United Kingdom(I live in Texas :D ).

I've been to the major cities there like San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, and Austin - there's no need to visit the other parts. Most of them are ugly, barren, and dry but there are some really nice state parks here.

I've been to every single NE state like New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, etc.

And California.

I know the midwestern states are really nice to look at but there's not much going on up there - most are just farms and pastures.

Brookfield said:
Yes, thanks, I was lucky, er, do you mind not calling it blitzkreig, that was the Nazi's word for it "lightning war" or something, to us, it was just "the blitz", I still get the creeps, 60 years later, remembering seeing squadrons of Junkers flying over, & hearing the whistle & crump of bombs.

My grandpa was stationed in England during WW2 and he met his girlfriend(which became his wife) over there.

Brookfield thats truely amazing, thank god you made it through.

but back onto the topic. i ahve only traveled the east coast of the United States.
New York, New Jersey, Penn., Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. hopefully i get to go more central america when my grandpa wants to take his 40 foot RV out for a spin :p

Ronco Rox said:
Brookfield thats truely amazing, thank god you made it through.

but back onto the topic. i ahve only traveled the east coast of the United States.
New York, New Jersey, Penn., Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. hopefully i get to go more central america when my grandpa wants to take his 40 foot RV out for a spin :p

if i were you, i wouldnt visit illinois. its boring as hell. the only good thing about it is chicago, if you are into big cities.

:mad:
alvino said:
Oh, sorry. Well that was the full name, really...but I understand. I never went through that, so I'll never really know how that felt. Yes, it did mean "Lightining War".

Don't mean to be morbid, but it was a pretty brilliant tactic. Use bombers and dive bombers to soften up targets, send tanks steamrolling in, followed by troop transports. They took Poland and several other countries with that tactic in just weeks.

YOU INSENSITIVE IDIOT!! I suffered mentally as a kid, hearing what they were doing in Europe, my mother lost her younger brother in France, due to their "brilliant tactics", & as a 12 year old boy, I stood & watched in our back garden, as the glorious Stuka dive bombers screamed down, releasing their bombs on Portsmouth Dockyard, killing the workers, Iwish you had experienced it, perhaps you wouldn't be such a Nazi lover, I've sent you a negative "rep" point.

i dont think he was saying that he thinks it was brilliant what they did, just how they carried it out, like it look a lot of good planning and it is a good way to attack, not that its good that they attacked, though, because it was a horrible thing.

cileskot said:
i dont think he was saying that he thinks it was brilliant what they did, just how they carried it out, like it look a lot of good planning and it is a good way to attack, not that its good that they attacked, though, because it was a horrible thing.
Don't make excuses for him, I'm still boiling!!!
shout.gif

Brookfield said:
:mad:

YOU INSENSITIVE IDIOT!! I suffered mentally as a kid, hearing what they were doing in Europe, my mother lost her younger brother in France, due to their "brilliant tactics", you bl**dy moron, Iwish you had experienced it, perhaps you wouldn't be such a Nazi lover.

Id seriously have to agree. That was a pretty dumb comment on your part alvino.

Back
Top Bottom