What If?

Brookfield

Golden Master
Firstly, this may be considered by some as a sensitive subject, in fact, probably by most, it is not my intention to upset members, I just would like your views, so a forewarning, keep it as cool as you can, I don't want to close, what should be an interesting discussion.

Here we go then;

Strictly on the basis that this is hypothetical, let's assume that all the US, British, & other troops decided that they'd had enough, & laid down their arms in Iraq & Afghanistan, now I know that this is very unlikely, but go along with me for a minute, if this took place, what could the assorted governments do?, obviously hundreds of thousands of troops would have to be brought home, think of the logistics of that, & the fitting in of all the courts martials, it doesn't bear contemplating.

Now, of course I don't, for an instant think this would happen, but the title of this thread is "What If"

Note;- I may be seen to be advocating "cowardice in the face of the enemy", [the military term] I must stress strongly that this is not what I am saying, just that the feelings of futility, & the huge, huge loss of lives, would have been, theoretically, the straw that broke the camel's back, so have a good healthy discussion, but keep it calm guys.

Well for one Afganistan is not occupied by US troops anymore, it's now occupied by Canadian troops. Canada controls afganistan.

But if this were to happen in Iraq, I think the iraqi insurgents would blow up the US planes on their way out, no way their's going to be any peace in that country for a while.

to be honest, i didnt even know canada had an army.... :confused: i thought they just had those guys on horses with red uniforms, and England was ur army, but i suppose if your not controlled by England anymore, then you would have an army... hmm

Wow...

Of course Canada has an army! Those "guys of horses with red uniforms" are the RCMP, or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Instead of patroling just the provinces (each province and city does have their own police department), they patrol the ENTIRE Canada. So they're basically the federal (national) police, but they're not part of the military. Those dress unifoms are purely ceremonial, and used in parades or something. They normally wear the same police uniforms as most police officers do, minus the change in badges and whatnot.

boardordi3 said:
to be honest, i didnt even know canada had an army.... :confused: i thought they just had those guys on horses with red uniforms, and England was ur army, but i suppose if your not controlled by England anymore, then you would have an army... hmm
Wow,........Canada not controlled by England any more, if you're joking, you'd better explain that to Chris
read.gif

I don't know why we are even talking about this. Where did you come up with this? They wouldn't do it for the matter of self defence. If they did that then we would have another Saddam. Thank God the marines have balls.

alvino said:
Wow...

Of course Canada has an army! Those "guys of horses with red uniforms" are the RCMP, or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Instead of patroling just the provinces (each province and city does have their own police department), they patrol the ENTIRE Canada. So they're basically the federal (national) police, but they're not part of the military. Those dress unifoms are purely ceremonial, and used in parades or something. They normally wear the same police uniforms as most police officers do, minus the change in badges and whatnot.
The RCMP patrols rural places too, not the provincal ones [or at least thats what its like here]. The red uniforms and horses could relate to the musical ride... :p

Starr said:
I don't know why we are even talking about this. Where did you come up with this? They wouldn't do it for the matter of self defence. If they did that then we would have another Saddam. Thank God the marines have balls.
Are you directing this at me, for starting this debate, it seems that you are, you, friend, seem to be looking for a quarrel, just calm it :(

Brookfield said:
Are you directing this at me, for starting this debate, it seems that you are, you, friend, seem to be looking for a quarrel, just calm it :(

I'm not trying to start anything. I am just kinda a curious as to how you came up with this "what if."

Jordan Pardy said:
The RCMP patrols rural places too, not the provincal ones [or at least thats what its like here]. The red uniforms and horses could relate to the musical ride... :p

Yeah, they do. My dad, about 20 years ago, had his car slip off the road because of the ice and he landed into some ditch and the rear and broke down some farmer's fence (this occured near Red Deer, Alberta). Some patrolling RCMP found him waiting for help, and stoped to offer assistance. It was funny because the farmer saw and heard the whole crash into the fence, and when he came over to where my dad was, all he yelled was, "You wanna kill my cattle? Coming here and breaking my fence..." Haha, my dad was too suprised to even say anything back. The farmer didn't even ask if my dad needed assitance or anything. But that was before the RCMP came, and when they came, the officer told my dad to just say NOTHING to the farmer, because all they do is just leech money from you. So he let the officer do the talking, and he didn't have to pay for anything.

This was before I was born, but I still remember riding in that car when I was a wee tot. It was a coffee brown Chevrolet Impala (not sure of the year, but it was around 1980-1985). Oh man...cars were so strong those days. Even after that accident, there were hardly any dents or scratches on the rear end of the car. Amazing...if that happened to today's cars, it would probably rip the whole bumper off and make a giant dent in the rear.

Anyways, I digress...:p

Brookfield, what do you mean put down arms? Like leave the country? Or what?
Personally, I was always against the war in Iraq, but now that Bush has dug so deep, just leaving the country would cause the whole place to be in chaos. They might as well finish setting up the government then leave, so the place will be more stable.

Back
Top Bottom