simple script

can anyone post a simple web script with a verticle menu and site header and main content section in the middle of the page

do you want the layout to be table based or css based?

also can you draw a simple box representation in paint and post a vague idea of how you want it to be?

I THINK thats what you want...
Code:
<html>
<body>
<table width="650" border="0">
  <tr>
	<th width="150" height="90" scope="col">
	<th width="500" scope="col">
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td height="440">
	<td>
  </tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Code:
<html>
<head>
<style>
#title {
postition: absolute;
top:10px;
width: 100%;
height: 10%;
border: 1px dashed #000;
}
#menu {
position: absolute;
top: 12%;
width: 20%;
height:88%;
}

#main {
position: absolute;
top: 12%;
left: 21%;
height: 88%;
width: 79%;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="title">Title</div>
<div id="menu">Menu<br>items</div>
<div id="main">Main</div>
</body>

like that?

either change the word dashed to solid in the style section, or just take away the borders all together in the style section. the borders are only really there to show you the position of the divs anyway, they don't have to be there, even if you can't see the barriers in the regions they will still be there.

It doesn't have to be a seperate script. The CSS (all that under the <style> tage) goes right onto the code for your page. You can include you CSS in a seperate file, but there really is not need. If you do want to have the CSS in a seperate file, then you can link to it with something along the lines of this:
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/location/of/file.css"/>

Ok, I don't know if this is what you are looking for... but that worked for a webpage I am making so. Anyway, what root wrote up is what you need. Under the <div> tags, put what you want, ie everything under <div id="title"> will go into the title. Ok, you know that. Sorry if I have confused you or given unnecessary info...

lol nah bro its allright but that wasent what I was asking.I was asking if it was more of a css layout or div layout,it has div tags so im guessing its leaning towards a div layout

p.s-thanks for the quick synopsis though lol

Back
Top Bottom