Hmmmm....

Bosox0123

Baseband Member
So I know that I should wear anti static wrist-bands when putting my comuter together but a couple questions. First, where do I buy the damn things, and also do I have to wear it when putting all of the computer together or just the mobo?

Just dont wear socks on carpet and touch metal before you work in your computer and your fine.

Yep, everyone always consideres the electric shock way too much. I just stood on a rug, barefoot. With my PC and parts on a wood table. If I remember correctly I might have only walked over and touched a doorknob twice if that..

the best thing to do is just be sure to build the computer on a hard surface, like a wooden table or something. And then once in a while just touch an unpainted metal part of the case and it will ground u.

I have never, ever had problems with this static electricity thing. I never take precautions, and do it on carpet, because the only wood flooring we have is in the kitchen and the hall, and im not putting a computer together in there!

I think people are too cautious, and feel too strongly about taking precautions.

yeah people who are new at building always blow the static thing out of proportion so don't worry about it. just do what everyone said above and you'll be fine. if you're really worried though, you can buy antistatic wrist bands off of newegg.

Back
Top Bottom