World Cup!!

PerfectSK said:
England played good with 2 men down, but its poor goalkeeper was unable to block any penalty shots, letting Portugal win 3-2.

u ever played soccer as a goalkeeper? I did for like 3 years or so, and let me tell u, everytime u save a penalty shot u have done something great. Everytime a player misses a penalty shot he screwed up. The penalty shot comes from so close that u actually have to make ur move before the shooter has even touched the ball. U have very little chance to know where he will shoot, u just have to jump to 1 direction and hope for the best. And even if u choose the right direction it's not going to be easy to make the save.

Ricardo was just great, and well good luck too, that is why it might seem that Englands goalkeeper sucks, but a penalty shot is very very hard to catch.

PerfectSK said:
Wow, what a couple of games today. England played good with 2 men down, but its poor goalkeeper was unable to block any penalty shots, letting Portugal win 3-2. Later, France played against Brazil, getting a goal in the 57th minute, giving the Brazilians the boot! I'm crossing my fingers for a Germany vs Portugal match, but I have a feeling France may have an ace up their sleeve. Who knows, keep your fingers crossed!
Playing good??? you should have left your rose-tinted glasses off mate :mad: , even the analysis by footie experts after the game, only just stopped short of calling them a load of twats!, in my opinion it was the stamping by Rooney, that helped in a huge way to seal our fate, get real!

Yes I have played soccer as a goalkeeper. It's a hard job, I'm not saying it isnt. Just thought England could have done a better job. After all they are supposed to be legendary at soccer, but maybe that was in the old days. I think they played considerably well after Rooney got the red card, and Crouch came in. They didn't manage to get any goals but at least they kept the defense up and didnt let them score any goals.

Brookfield said:
in my opinion it was the stamping by Rooney, that helped in a huge way to seal our fate, get real!

Then the FA should stop letting managers rely on one-trick ponies like Wayne Rooney and Peter Crouch. You should have seen the look on Beckham's face and Sven's face when Rooney walked, it's as if they knew there and then that it was all over. Proves they were relying on him to cover up for the fact that the rest of the team sucked donkey banjo.

And if England have lost 4 penalty shootouts within the last 12 years, why aren't they improving? Why aren't the coaches putting more emphasis on penalty taking during training? I'd say it's their own fault if they can't hit a decent penalty, nothing else.

UK31337 said:
And if England have lost 4 penalty shootouts within the last 12 years, why aren't they improving? Why aren't the coaches putting more emphasis on penalty taking during training? I'd say it's their own fault if they can't hit a decent penalty, nothing else.

Actually the coach said that they had been practising penalties a lot. Though didn't look like it...

PerfectSK said:
Yes I have played soccer as a goalkeeper. It's a hard job, I'm not saying it isnt. Just thought England could have done a better job. After all they are supposed to be legendary at soccer, but maybe that was in the old days. I think they played considerably well after Rooney got the red card, and Crouch came in. They didn't manage to get any goals but at least they kept the defense up and didnt let them score any goals.
You're right, they were better in those days, I'm old enough to remember, no kissing of shirts, hugging each other or screaming at the crowd everytime they scored, and they didn't weep when they lost a major match, men were men then, & they did it all on around £300 a week!

Back
Top Bottom