Vista Download!

john123 said:
do you like use a separate phone line for your internet? because you like always on...

I'm on AOL dial-up (and it sucks!!!!!!!). I spend most of my natural life on this site and I don't have another phone line. Just seems like there are a lot of voicemails! :confused:

Hey,

Well i downloaded and installed Vista without any hiccups, created a 20gb partition on my slave drive and booted up without any problems.....although it runs a bit slow on my machine, it is usable, but i wouldnt use it on any lower than a Celeron 2.4(at 2.6), 779mb RAM, GeForce 5200FX because as i said, it was a little slow, but useable.....as for bugs etc, i didnt really use it enough to notice much, but when i booted back into XP it did do a CHKDSK on consistancy on the partition, deleting a lot of keys etc...but both still boot fine.....i think once its finished and you have a good enough pc, it will be a great OS......i posted some screenies onto a site if your interested......

http://www.freewebs.com/mattyl110792/vista

edit: sorry i havnt really ever done anything with webdesign lol

Thanks,

Matt

john123 said:
do you like use a separate phone line for your internet? because you like always on...
Nope, I don't use an extra phone line. I have something called Internet Call Manager so all calls are forwarded to me and I can see who's calling [I can't answer though, but I can phone them back].

i downloaded vista over the weekend at my friends house, between 530-640kbps. for some reason we can't get the lan drivers to work :( i downloaded the 32 bit version for myself since my processor isn't 64-bit. is there some way i can get my lan drivers to work on the 32-bit version or the netgear WG111(usb 2.0) wireless drivers to load?

Back
Top Bottom