oh... CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joxley1990 said:
I have never heard of recovery software for iPods. My friend once set his iPod up as a removable drive, and wanted to wipe all the music off it, so he formatted it, right click> format - he lost all the system files + settings - and had a useless ipod.

I did that too it's no biggie. Just run the iPod updater app then run the restore utility and it restores your iPod to factory settings, including the system files.

Woww...theres some really good info in this topic. Im getting an iPod Nano pretty soon, so this is a plus. Yo what do you mean you put it to auto update? Update what?

Advocate said:
Woww...theres some really good info in this topic. Im getting an iPod Nano pretty soon, so this is a plus. Yo what do you mean you put it to auto update? Update what?

I think what he means is by default when you plug in the iPod and open up iTunes it automatically throws all of the songs in your iTunes library onto your iPod. I, like most people, disable this because it gets really annoying. Especially if you listen to podcasts and you don't want all of them on your iPod.

Advocate said:
OOooh, I see. So like if you have nothing in ur library, it deletes everything?

No, I don't know how he managed to pull that off. The only way I can think of is if he disconnected the iPod before ejecting it.

Back
Top Bottom