Sorry TRD, need more advice..

Re: TRD, I need an opinion!

TRDCorolla said:
ooo, RX-7. You don't see many of those around. I don't know if he likes the body on that. I like the RX-8. Looks more refined than the RX-7.
yea rx-8 is ok... the engines are really small and powerful as hell... but there a bit costly on gas a believe...do u have 2 fill ^ premium on ur car TRD? i think u have 2 use premium on rotary 2..but not sure

Yes. The dealer made sure of that by putting the "Premium Fuel Only" sticker by the dashboard area where the gas guage is located. Then another one on the inside door of the gasoline access cover, lol. Anything lower would be taking a risk on pretty much all FI motors. Yeah, most likely the RX-8 use premium. Most high compression engines use Pemium fuel. Even the Honda Civic Si (2006) and the 2006 Toyota Corolla XRS require minimum Premium Fuel Only rating.

rofl yea notice his name TRDCorolla :p but yea TRD thats gotta suck sometimes.... i kno cali gas is expensive and last year musta been hell.

Yeah, big time. I have to budget for gas now and usually, I don't. But I sure love driving it though. It has big time torque that makes you peel out whenever you need to.

TRDCorolla said:
Ok, that Si your brother has does look good, but has very underrated performance for the Si. IMO, Honda made a mistake in releasing that version of the Si. If you want a nice Civic Si, the 06 version is far superior to that Si pictured above. Since you may not have the money to spend 20 grand on a new car, you're going to be looking at a used vehicle. Honda's are highly customizable but you have to keep in mind of SMOG. Here in Califronia, we have the strictest air quality control in the nation unless you know someone that you can pay off to pass you to the DMV. So you have to look into that where you live depending on what performance parts you add on to it.

If you want to know what I like that's around 10,000 and customizable, get the 99-2000 Civic Si, like the one you got up there. It's got a wide variety of upgrade parts for it. Lots of turbo kits around for that extra boost you need to race. Unless you really have the money, get a used SRT-4 for less than $18,000. If you can get your hands on an 03-04 SRT-4, you will have the sweetest car around. I've seen them as low as $15,000!!!! I forgot, but it's like 240HP turbocharged and all raced out. STOCK. Tons of performance upgrades including Mopar Stage 1-3 kits for 300HP gain. Try searching for that V8 killer.

Otherwise, that Civic Si would be ok. Lots of options there. It's also the most wanted by car thieves, hehe. Fix it up right and you'll get a LOT of stares. Hell, I'm still thinking about getting the $600 HID projectors for my car. That itself makes it look damn good. The Corolla XRS is a fast little car. Their high compression motor can keep up pretty good with my supercharged Corolla S and the XRS is stock n/a!!!! Comes with 17's alloy wheels, front and rear stabilizer bars, drive by wire, etc., etc. Might be on the high side, but try to get a compact import. Affordable and upgradeable. The Chevy Cobalt makes a supercharges SS and the sound it makes sound like the SRT-4. But it's probably out of your price range. Not much parts for the Cobalt anyways.

So yeah, check for the used SRT-4 or the 2000 Honda Civic Si:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Veh...nvertibles/2000_Honda_Civic_Si.S184.A967.html

That's some more info in regards to the Si. Truly, the best car for your money with lots of bolt ons.

Now the SRT-4 is just a Civic on steroids with an excellent cost of $15,000 now. Ignore the price check on this site. They are old. Cost is much lower now.

http://www.modernracer.com/dodgeneonsrt4.html

First, lets get it over with, I would never own a Dodge. Lol. Although, I do have a Cousin, has is HIGH in the Mercedes Benz, Dodge, Cadalac or whatever business. At anyrate, I could get something for him, at price. Maybe, highly unlikly though.

Anyways, that looks like a good car, but factory looks crap, haha id have to get a kit on that, and fast like.

See, I could sell my car for like 4,000 maybe. And right off the bat I could get an 8,000 dollar car, because i only pay half. Parents fill in the other half.

So keeping that in mind, what do you say? SMOG isnt a problem where I live, so ill be adding one of those air intake kits, body kit, tint, exaust, rims and a system. First though, would def be body kit, because I would hate to have my car look like that, hahaha

So really, can you just kinda narrow down the exact models and years. Because at the Civic forums, they are all like, check out the 6th Gen's. But those look like crap too, so man, I just dont know.

So, is there any other type of car I should look for? lol maybe a corolla?

Back
Top Bottom