wierd sound

Kage said:
hmm, if its a screeching sound, it sounds more to do with a power problem definietly.

Are you sure your using a plug with the right ampage in it as the PSU specifies?
what do you mean, how do you check this and if i change the power socket to the rite one, then will the screeching sound go away??

I'm not determing that no, but it could be putting extra strain onto the power supply being that its feeding through alot more voltage than specified.

If theres a label on the PSU, it should say what ampage (amps) its best worked with.

This also helps if the PSU decided to blow. If the fuse (that defines the ampage) is of a higher value, its possible that the PSU could actually blow, and not just short out, because the fuse is built to melt when a certain freshold is met.

The plug, if not open to see should easily be able to be opened (though make sure you have some knowledge of what goes where, as it could be distastrous if you plug it in wrong), and check the fuse has the right specified A value.

It should be written on the fuse.

No :p, the plug itself that plugs into the wall socket, has a fuse in it. If you open that up, you'll be able to get at the fuse.

If you can see it through the plug though, i.e if theres a hole, test it with the PSU's power supply ampage rating.

Does it say it on a label, or at the back of the main unit somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom