oh... CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joxley1990 said:
He was crying..
I did this once to a friend's MP3 player. I had a format error. Well, going to menu and formatting it made it reusable...wonder why didn't he think of this :rolleyes:

EDIT: NVM, I don't think the filesystem is the same

or you can go into the ipods directory, and enable viewing if hidden files (view > options > view > show hidden files) and go into trashes, because thats where it should be.

i dont have a trashes folder, but i downloaded that pc inspector software, and right now, its "finding lost data" it kept crashing when i tried to do "find deleted files" but its found about 755 files and its not even half way done, it still has another hour or so

i dont know yet, but i used a tool called recover my files (it makes you pay to actually save ur files, but it shows u the ones it finds, and it found all of them, which makes me relieved that at least their still there

joxley1990 said:
I have never heard of recovery software for iPods. My friend once set his iPod up as a removable drive, and wanted to wipe all the music off it, so he formatted it, right click> format - he lost all the system files + settings - and had a useless ipod.
Well yeah if you format it you won't get it back....lol

I once did this with a memory card that someone accidentally deleted some pics from, I have a memory card reader and set the program to detect the files on the memory card reader, and wham! there they were, all the pics. I was the hero of the day.

The hard drive on the Ipod probably still uses the FAT32 system. In this case, its entirely plausible that most if not all of the data with a good enough program could be found.

Back
Top Bottom