Vista Download!

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Just thought i would let you all know, i went to get the Vista beta off Microsoft today and whilst signing up it said will not be accepting any more downloads as of July 1, which is tomorrow......so thought i would just remind ya if ya knew, and well inform you incase you didnt.....

Thanks,

Matt

oh i'm sure there will be plenty of torrents hosting it. i'm not sure on the laws of beta software, as it's not being sold or anything...

Yeah true, but im getting amazing speeds lmao

im on a DSL 1.5mb connection which usually tops out at about 160kb/s but this download for some particular reason is averaging 175kb/s lmao.....although the other person on my network is having a hissy fit cause its slowing down their browsing :) hehe

Matt

Hmmm I only peak at 120kbps on a good day. Ive downloaded office 2007 beta which is really cool

are you on a 1.5mb connection?.......btw im in Australia, where the broadband is...well pretty much the worst, very rare to find an unlimited connection, im on a connection that allows you to download 25gb a month, and anything after that is on dialup speed...

Matt

just tried installing it - didn't work. first i found the installer doesn't work with multiple hard drives... it just comes up with an error. when i unplug one of my hard drives, i can type in the code... i choose the options to install... gets to 2% and then it tells me there is an error. It has now completely ruined my Grub boot manager... which is hell to reinstall.

maybe i burnt the dvd wrong? i can't run the setup from inside windows... i chose the 64-bit vista beta for my athlon 64 and i only have xp home (32-bit). grr...

I max at about 50kb/s

Dont worry about the "no more accepting downloads" - isohunt.com! I think it's legal, because it's not being sold.

99nasha said:
Hmmm I only peak at 120kbps on a good day. Ive downloaded office 2007 beta which is really cool
My friend gets up to 600ish kbp/s [download accelerator] I only get at peak 3 kb/s

Back
Top Bottom