External HDD's

G9

Daemon Poster
After struggling to grab my current hdd out so I could look into the psu wiring for two new RAID 1 hdd's, I've decided to get an external hdd from this list. :(

Please make suggestions, excluding Maxtor, as both of the external hdd's I got failed on me without provocation.

i have the western digital passport harddrive (not in your list) and I have owned several western digital HDs in the past, personally they make the best HDs, you will NOT be dissappointed by them.

Zaki said:
i have the western digital passport harddrive (not in your list) and I have owned several western digital HDs in the past, personally they make the best HDs, you will NOT be dissappointed by them.
WD is a good brand name... did they all last long?

Pidge14 said:
I have a 250 gig phantom external phantom HDD, i love it
How long did it last?

None of my 4 Western Digital HDs have showed a sign of dying, (2 74 GB Raptors, 1 80 GB, and one 80 GB 5400 RPM external passport).

if you are looking for portability the passport is out of this world, it is amazing how light it is and the design is quite durable. The only downside is the 5400 rpm, which in my case is ok because of all the plus points.

Zaki said:
None of my 4 Western Digital HDs have showed a sign of dying, (2 74 GB Raptors, 1 80 GB, and one 80 GB 5400 RPM external passport).

if you are looking for portability the passport is out of this world, it is amazing how light it is and the design is quite durable. The only downside is the 5400 rpm, which in my case is ok because of all the plus points.
I'd like 7200RPM, but thanks for your suggestions. Portability isn't an issue... I just want to back up my files.

natej315 said:
Ive got the Simple tech 250gb 7200rpm hardrive :) it works great
Again, how long did it last?

Back
Top Bottom