Build Help

Spec

Fully Optimized
ok, well this is my first time building a computer, and there are two cables from the case for the power switch that are getting me cnfused..theres p led +/- to turn the computer on it says, i have it plugge din the right spot (PWR spot)...but thers a orange/white cable that says Power on it, and on the mobo there is a pwr slot...but in the case manuel, it does not show anywhere to plug in the Power Switch cable

One's probably for the power indicator and one's for the power switch. Check your case documentation and see specifically which is which.

Power, Reset Switch Installation

2 Conenct the Power Switch pin labeled p led +/- to the pwr connector on the motherboard (green/white)

WTF....

xzerox said:
ok, well this is my first time building a computer, and there are two cables from the case for the power switch that are getting me cnfused..theres p led +/- to turn the computer on it says, i have it plugge din the right spot (PWR spot)...but thers a orange/white cable that says Power on it, and on the mobo there is a pwr slot...but in the case manuel, it does not show anywhere to plug in the Power Switch cable

I just noticed something I overlooked in your post xzerox. The p led +/- is the power LED. The other one must be your power/reset switch cable. Try arming those switches with those jumpers.

ok, i juust noticed this on my mother board, right next to the power/reset connection jumpers and such, there is a 3 pin port that says Power LED connections, but on my LED there is a positive(white) and negative(GREEN) connection, what direction would i plug them in.....it does not say on in my mobo manual.

So just plug the Orange/white cable (power cable switch) into the port that says PW on it? and the right direction it has on it right?

You just have to do trial and error with that. If the LED doesn't light one way, it goes the other. Without looking myself I couldn't tell.

Ok well thanks, if i have any more questions after i install the POwersupply and try turning it on, ill PM you, or post here, again.

OK Works for me. If you do PM me or post, give me some time to get back to this site, as I only go on during the day.

Ok, well, I just turned it on, and everything tuned on and such...but. my screen stays blank...i mean..just black..nothing....any clues..?

Is everything, maybe including the video card, receiving power from the power supply? Also, if the video card is anything but onboard, check the connections. Also is RAM in the motherboard?

Back
Top Bottom