computer starts to boot then shuts off HELP!!

mikee

Fully Optimized
When ever I go to start my computer I hear this quiet high pitch whining and it doesn't even get to the xp logon screen before the power just quits but the power lights stay on.

it does the same thing in safe mode too, sometimes it will quit before it even gets to the point where you press f8 to go to safemode

I had this problem with my cpu fan, it was full of dust which subsiquently didnt cool the cpu so it would just cut and make a noise like you said. Regards,
James.

Check all the fans in your system, including the power supply. Your system quite possibly be overheating.

ok i looked and i think its somethin 2 do with my vid card cuz it looks like someone took a blow torch to it and its all black instead of green ,,, do u think thats causing it. but i can still see things on the screen ok while the computer is on for those few seconds.

Video Card overheating or short. Is your computer connected to a surge suppressor? If not, you probably got a good dose of lightning. You might want to start shopping for a video card.

jervin32189 said:
Video Card overheating or short. Is your computer connected to a surge suppressor? If not, you probably got a good dose of lightning. You might want to start shopping for a video card.

is that like a power bar because the computer was hooked up to a powerbar with speakers the monitor and a fan on the same powerbar

Yeah, like a power strip, but did it protect against power surges? Because some power strips don't protect from power spikes, they just split the outlet. My recommendation would be to buy a quality surge suppressor. Look for something that also protects phone/fax connections or even coaxial connections. I live here in Florida, and everything has a surge suppressor because we are the lightning capitol of the world. Let me know if this answers your questions.

Back
Top Bottom