best performing windows

stuff i made in visual basic ... it's not my job... it's ict software development in school, except at school we have 95, 98 and 2k computers still... the new ones are xp though

at the moment, i'm making a database editor... v. boring.

bigbondfan said:
stuff i made in visual basic ... it's not my job... it's ict software development in school, except at school we have 95, 98 and 2k computers still... the new ones are xp though

at the moment, i'm making a database editor... v. boring.
lol yea, we have 2k and xp, we just got rid of the 98's and there were like 1 or 2 95's a little bit back

@bigbondfan, have you got a copy of 3.1? i dunno if its legal or not to share it but id love to try it out lol and i cant find it anywhere (found one but needed a load of floppys to install, although that shouldnt be a probllem for me now, but i cant find it again).

I have a copy and it only takes 6. You use the first to boot into the setup program and the rest come in as the program needs them.

I definietly think that the most stable Windows available is Windows XP, though, Windows 2000 did deliver some good stability.

But, Windows XP is a built up version of 2000. Thats where they started, so the stability should be the same/better and more up to date.

I also agree NTFS is by far the best standard.

yea, i will be happy when WinFS comes out :) it should b good and i've herd u will be able 2 patch vista with the WinFS update when it comes out or something... although idk how they would do that...

Kage said:
I definietly think that the most stable Windows available is Windows XP, though, Windows 2000 did deliver some good stability.

But, Windows XP is a built up version of 2000. Thats where they started, so the stability should be the same/better and more up to date.

I also agree NTFS is by far the best standard.

I agree completely with that. If you had to choose between two, definitely Win2K and WinXP Pro. If I had to choose between the two, WinXP Pro. But with me, always low GUI settings!

lol i run normal gui just because.... i am probably going 2 change a few things but i like the "bubble/bulge" look xp has better than classic

Back
Top Bottom