best performing windows

wow... vista download managed 5% in 30 mins on 1meg broadband... not breaking any speed records to download

atleast its dwnloading. im just glad my m8 dwnloaded it for me and gave it to me on an rw dvd :D
edit: do you want any more screenies before i reboot back into xp? (you can still have more later if u want)

cool i am going 2 download it when i get home :) put it on the 30 gig partition i have empty, does it install similarly(sp, brain fart) to xp? can it install onto raw space, in other words partition it itself?

i just put cd in pc. pressed install. chose my new partition. sat back and that was it. easier than xp imo. i dunno if theres anyway to manage your partitions with it. i just used partition magic
edit: you have a empty partition already. just choose to install on that.

oh so you mean its unallocated? if so you need a prog like partition magic to do it (not sure if vista will partition it, pretty sure it WONT)

well i guess i will try it, i sound like a n00b >.< i just don't feel like dealing with it i guess, 1 problem i might run into is my sata is in a raid so it might not detect it... :(

i've now got 12 partitions on my 200gb sata! (i use lots of os's... winxp,98 and 3.1, suse, debian, centos, dsl, feather linux and the grub boot loader)

3.1 - i made a partition for dos 5 (loads of old games of mine don't work in xp)... so i installed 3.1 anyway because it's easier to launch games

98 - testing software compatibility... have several other versions of windows on other machines (95 and 2k)

Back
Top Bottom