Frequent crashes, freezing, slow, etc.

jscott said:
Ok, I ran memtest for 9.5 hours, and at 6,700%, 0 errors were found. I did have a lot of background programs running though, since I can't go into safe mode. I'll run it again tommorow for 12 hours and see what comes from that, but I doubt that it'd turn anything new up.
shouldn't be anything with the memory then. When I had faulty ram it gave me errors in like 5 mins.

I personally would stick with Spybot.

I used Ad-Aware twice, and both times I had to re-load settings, as it took out my NTL broadband with other spyware...

Hehe, how many times did you have to use that? :p

Maybe they've updated the program since I last used it (version 6 personal I believe). I'm just scared of loading it up again.

lol I have build 1.05. I need to get a more up-to-date anti-spyware program. I think I'll just scrap Ad-Aware and stick with Spybot.

Thanks for the replies, all. :)

Yes, I do have Spyware S&D as well as Ad-Aware. Been too long since I ran them, however, as I had quite a few cases it turns out.

However, after running memtest for 3 days in a row, 8 hours a day, I finally found an error. I guess I'm going to have to have to pull one stick out at a time to see if I can find which stick is having the problem, now. This isn't going to be fun. :(

Back
Top Bottom