Overclocked my 4000+ are these temps o.k?

Aye, yea, the one for Intels called the freezer 7 pro.
The one for AMD's called 64 PRO.

They are both excellent coolers, and quiet too.

Reviews state 18 degrees C drop in AMD chip at load from stock heatsink/fan with the 64 PRO.

Yeah, I agree with that :p

Most coolers, need you to swap the backplate on the motherboard, yet it seems Arctic Cooling heatsinks also don't need you to do that, which I'm very happy with, as I wouldn't want to have to remove the motherboard just to fit a new cooler.

MooseMan said:
yea kage i like the artic freezer, i want one for my intel 3 gig, it's called the artic cooling freezer 7 pro i believe, here's the link on xoxide: http://xoxide.com/arctic-cooling-freezer-7-pro.html :)

thast a monster of a heat sink!

my zalmans doing the job for me altho i have never heard the fan spin like i have today! made me smile knowing that its putting some work in! think i might get some better thermal paste as the stuff ive got is not the best. its a silver compound but still i might get some Arctic Silver.

EDIT: Kage let me know how loud that heat sink is when you get it.

Actually, I'd say the Arctic Cooling Freezer is a bit smaller than the Zalman, and can fit into alot more cases. Yours lies flat though, so it seems a bit smaller, but the size of that heatsink...wow...

I will do :) For the most part, it should only have to spin at 1090RPM which is much less than my standard heatsink/fans doing now, to get it alot more cool.

I'm going to invest in some new case fans too. I'm going for performance vs quiet ones, so at least 25CFM (cubic feet a minute) of air movement for the 80mm, and at least 60CFM for the big 120mm one at the front.

I'm aiming you see for room temp matching the inside temps, which will need some pretty good fans, but I'd rather not my computer sound like a jet fighter.

I mean, I have a massive room fan that I place sometimes at the back of the computer, blowing in through the fan holes, and the system temps shoot down to room temp, but that things so noisy!

The CPU on the other hand doesn't drop anymore doing it this way. I think its more the stock heatsink/fan restricting that.

Kage said:
Actually, I'd say the Arctic Cooling Freezer is a bit smaller than the Zalman, and can fit into alot more cases. Yours lies flat though, so it seems a bit smaller, but the size of that heatsink...wow...

I will do :) For the most part, it should only have to spin at 1090RPM which is much less than my standard heatsink/fans doing now, to get it alot more cool.

I'm going to invest in some new case fans too. I'm going for performance vs quiet ones, so at least 25CFM (cubic feet a minute) of air movement for the 80mm, and at least 60CFM for the big 120mm one at the front.

I'm aiming you see for room temp matching the inside temps, which will need some pretty good fans, but I'd rather not my computer sound like a jet fighter.

I mean, I have a massive room fan that I place sometimes at the back of the computer, blowing in through the fan holes, and the temps shoot down to room temp, but that things so noisy!
yea noise is a problem with 80's for me, alot of times near silent 120's move more air than a mid-loud 80... just doesn't feel that way.

No, I know that statements true, as the fans alot bigger, so can move alot more air running at a slower speed.

The only problem is, my case has 2x 80mm holes, and 1x 120mm at the front. (I wonder if I could mod it :p I've been wanting to do that)

Temps drop a load if the front 120mm fan is blowing out hot air, and the back 80mm ones are blowing in cold air. I don't know why, as I asked a computer guy, and he basically told me I was doing it the wrong way.
But whatever works, works *shrugs*

Wow, you are running that hot with that cooler? Are you sure it is tightened down pretty tight (not too tight, now)... Those are HIGH for an aftermarket cooler, especially for that kind of overclock. Sure, it's not a bad overclock, but it isn't just insane.

Back
Top Bottom