Recent Computer Problems

Fresh Ink

Solid State Member
I've been having some computer problems as of late.

1. Limewire keeps on starting by itself, even after I exit it.
2. IE pop-ups come on out of nowhere. I use FF.
3. My Windows Defender keeps on saying it has to restart my computer because of some viruses.

I'm wondering if I should restore my computer. Only problem is, I want to keep some files and stuff. Help please.

try running virus scans and download ad-aware and run it if u havn't already. make sure when u do a virus scan that you are using the actual good software you have on the computer, and not a fake virus or spyware taking over your system. maybe like a trendmicro online scan or something for viruses... i havn't herd alot of good on windows defender so u might want 2 get rid of it. u could possiblely be getting hijacked

Well here's a list I just got from what has been coming on all the time.

TargetSaver
Adware.cmdService
Monnet
SurfSideKick
Look2Me

And some Deskwizz thing.

I'm thinking about getting McAfee, should I?

---Also, now I'm getting pop-ups on FF.

works ok for me. seems to del the same stuff every time for me though :( maybe i should reformat soon :p

Is there anyway to keep AntiVir's detections in the AntiVir program thing itself? It's getting really annoying with all these dectections.

its just picking up the same virus again probs. maybe its coming back. try a decent online scanner like trend micro or maybe even a prog called hijack this to stop em coming back

Back
Top Bottom