Can I...

jon2231

Daemon Poster
This is the situation...

My mom has the router and moded in her room.

We want to put them in my room, sinse she really doesn't use the computer that much...

So is there a way to switch so she has the wireless netword adapter, and I have the modem / router?

And I don't have a.. Um I forget what it's called.. The little phone dealy in the wall. Sorry I can be more spacific..

Can anyone help? :confused:

You could have a wireless dsl router if you have dsl which just plugs into the phone line. You can then connect to it around the house wirelessly so you and your mom can both have wireless.

Regards,
James.

what kinda service do u have? cable or dsl or wat? if ur using cable, u might not be able 2 hook it up because the cable might not be "high speed ready" but if ur using dsl, which it looks 2 be so, u can do what venning said and hook ^ the modem and router in your room and install wireless on her computer and use the 1 in your room via hardwire (if u will have 1 in here)

ok, u can put it into the phone jack in your room if u have 1, just make sure that you remove the filter from that 1 and put it on the other jack where the modem and router used 2 b

If you don't want to put a new phone jack in your room, you will need to either leave it as it is, or get another wireless adapter and have both your Mom's and your computer on wireless, and connect the router next to another phone line (i.e. living room).

jervin32189 said:
If you don't want to put a new phone jack in your room, you will need to either leave it as it is, or get another wireless adapter and have both your Mom's and your computer on wireless, and connect the router next to another phone line (i.e. living room).
yea but hardwire connection is faster and more reliable

Back
Top Bottom