alaska pics

Wow... That looks nice, How cold was it? I never immagined seeing anything green lol

Anyone I know that ever went up there said it was barren and white lol

David Lindon said:
Looks like a nice place. I've always wanted to do a log cabin holiday!! Was it really cold?

Depends...My brother lives in the city of North Pole, AK, and works out of Fairbanks. Where hes at there are common winters of -50F, and summers just like we have here in CA, 80's and sometimes 90's.... This year the summer is rather mild running 70s with abnormal amounts of rain early in the season.

But it also depends on where you go...If your down by Yakutat, you can count on 200+inches of rain "AND" snow yearround. which is the SE most part of Alaska....Western, I know nothing about. Northern, Bring your entire warbdrode, It gets COLD, doesn't snow much because it gets so cold, but the Summers peak at mid 40sF, and winters CAN get down to -100F.

Alaska is definately a place to go, I can guarantee you will love the Northern lights, which occur Yearround, but are highly unlikely to be seen during the summer months.

The daytime and nights are also something to enjoy, the "Midnight Sun" atleast. During the summer they never see complete darkness. When the sun just sets, thats as dark as it gets. Winter months on the other hand, you have to deal with Complete darkness with little to no sunlight. THIS VARIES upon location in AK.

Heres a Camera of Downtown Fairbanks...You should really check this camera out when its around midnight Alaska time...Be amazed how bright it still is outside...Downtown CAM

Theres still a part of me that wants to take the invitation and move out there, but I just don't know.

Back
Top Bottom