Which processor do you advice me?

Arie-Piet

Beta member
I'll know what the best processor is at the moment.
I use my computer mainly for programming but I'll play the newest games too!!! What kind of processor would you advice me

if you're planning on upgrading. please hold it off until next month. then get the new intel conroe.

Hi Arie-Piet. Here's the take on CPUs. AMD and Intel are always trying to out do each other. AMD is known to have the most POWERFUL desktop CPU ever made using the dual core design in their X2 lineup. If you need full power for increasingly demanding apps, Athlon 64 X2 CPUs are for you and available right now.

AMD's new AM2 gives them a small speed increase coming from a Socket 939 platform, but like kchi55 mentioned, nothing like the boost expected from Intel's all new Core 2 Duo (Concroe core) desktop CPUs coming this summer. Intel claims that this new next gen CPU will provide a whopping 40% increase in processing power and a 40% reduction in energy usage versus today's Pentium 950 chips. But to get this, wait a bit longer. I would. This is THE BOMB.

If you need something right this minute, then the AMD based AM2 socket system is a SOLID CHOICE.

The best processors out right now are currently AMD's AM2 socket processors. However, if you like to wait, Intel has some nice treats for you too. Core 2 Duo, upon it's release will be the most powerful desktop processor series available to consumers.

I agree with alvino. The AM2 is the best processor around for AMD, and it is around right now. But if you can afford to wait without using a sledgehammer to the computer to speed it up, I would DEFINITELY go for the conroe.

I would have to say your guys might be wrong I love amd with a passion. Just read my specs for my computer. The thing is Intel has a better benchmark results with the conroe against the fx62x and its a 30% boost. Ram wise thats what I'm in debate with myself trying to figure out which is better on ram am2 or intel mobo. Am2 has the built in memory controller, which gives them a bigger advantage over intel, but sadly not by much. Am2 has the 939 technolgy undernearth it and just gives you a different socket and ddr2 access, which is nice, but why spend the extra money on it. So at the moment intel has the better hardware overall. Gaming wise they don't of course with that its all by AMD/AM2.

The integrated memory controller does provide bandwidth, and AM2 does have higher bandwidth than Core 2 Duo does, but it's mostly theoretical and is never fully used in real apps.

personally i do NOT recommend am2. just because the motherboard selection is very limited. and from my experience, it is very buggy, and unstable. and there is very little support.
if u need something NOW get a socket 939 system. get a mid-range, single core processor. something cheap. then eventually, get an x2 processor (dual core). at the moment, there is no real performance difference between a 939 x2 3800+ and an am2 x2 3800+.

if u can wait, then get a conroe system

Back
Top Bottom