Wirless adapter not working on vista

joe pic

Fully Optimized
can someone help me install the drivers for my linksys wmp54g on vista? i can't do it.

thanks

Windows Vista should have built in drivers compatible with that particular network adapter. Allow Windows to detect it and install it's own drivers.

trdcorolla, can you tell me how to get windows to recognize it? nothing appears when i start it up

or remove the hardware in Device Manager. Then go into Control Panel and go through the Add New Hardware wizard. I'm not sure how Vista got that setup, but look for something like that.

you mean the windows driver update or whatever? i went to the decive manager and right clicked the card and clicked update or whatever it's called. it started to install and then said it couldnt find the right file, or something. I've tried several times. i downloaded the 64 bit version of vista

I wouldn't click on the Update. I would actually delete that device comlpetely from there and allow Windows to find the new hardware. Then have it automatically install the recommeded drivers it found.

THere may not even be a workable driver yet for Linksys in regards to Vista. What version of the wmp54g do you have? I checked a bunch of them and I don't see them suited for Vista. That may be the problem, which is why I'm thinking Vista itself should have basic support for your wireless adapter.

Back
Top Bottom